lowe modv wiring questions

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by smallieworld, Jun 15, 2008.

1. smallieworld

smallieworld New Member

State:
    nc
    I will post pics soon of my 14' lowe big jon mv. I have already framed the front to allow support for a front casting deck out of 1 1/2" angle. The decking is about halfway done including carpet. my livewell is factory in the bench seat and it is done except wiring. I mounted a pump on the transom to pump in and one on the tank that can be switched from circulated to evacuate via ball valves accessible through hatch in deck. I plan on putting all the bells and wistles and need to get a wiring chart as far as sizes for 2 ac plugs, livewell pumps, running lights, interior lighting, bilge, 46 lb 12v trolling, depth finders, ect. I already have my switch panel (6 gang with breakers) and a livewell timer switch. So besides wire sizes I also have an issue with the livewell. I'll try not to confuse here... I want both the fill (transom) pump and the discharge (tank) pump to run off the same timer switch. Not sure if that would catch fire maybe yall do. So when the timer is on it would be pulling lake water in and tank water out every 3 minutes for 30 seconds This is to prolong fish life in tank. A bass will only live off aeration so long before the toxins it creates using the water will kill him. Now if I used that tank for bait I would need to cut power to the rear pump so I can only circulate in the tank by the same time. I also would like to use the rear pump by itself to fill the tank prior to activating the timer. I am not sure if this would create a backcurrent and fry something like a $30 timer switch. I quess the easiest way out is add another timer but it aint cheap. Hope this makes sense. Damnit Jim I'm a plumber not an electrician! If this is doable a diagram would help. I will try to post my pictures of the boat on Sunday or Monday.

2. smallieworld

smallieworld New Member

State:
    nc
    I will have most of the deck bolted down in a day or two.

Attached Files: