Lowe Jon Boat Paint

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by catfish1969, Nov 21, 2007.

1. catfish1969

catfish1969 New Member

State:
    ILL.
    I have a 2003 Lowe Jon Boat. Can anyone tell me where I can get the factory color paint for it "Green" ???? Thanks Looking for Quarts or Gal.:confused2:

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Thats a good question, I also have a Lowe Jon that could use some paint here and there. Ive never looked into getting any paint but would think that any dealer that sells the Lowe brand of boat would be able to get the paint. Also, welcome to the BOC from Indiana.If you find out the answer about the paint for sure, please let me know. rspd507

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I got some for mine, forgot the cost, came from a dealer. That dull green is called a brown. LOL LOL

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't know about LOWE paint but I hope it is cheaper than SeaArk Green. I bought two spray paint cans of it and it cost me $30.00

Thats not a typo, around $15.00 a can and yes it is the same size can as regular Krylon in any hardware store. They stick it to you.:crazy:

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
  6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Welcome to the BOC,
    You can get it from any Lowe dealer and from what I was told yesterday the green is not very expensive. Just be glad you don't have the Metallic Platinum. I checked on it yesterday and the dealer asked me $236 a gallon for it. I may be wrong but I think he said the green was less than $40 a gallon. He said he just had ordered some for a customer that had a green boat . He had to call and check price for me on my boat.:sad2: :crazy: :angry: I will be having a body shop mix some paint when I am ready for it.

I hope was some help.
    Thanks again,
    David

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry, can't help you with the paint, Dan, but welcome to the BOC!
    :0a25:

8. catfish1969

catfish1969 New Member

State:
    ILL.
    Thanks for the info, I will have to try a different Dealer I tried the one where I got the boat and they seemed to think it was a big deal to try to get paint, infact they said speceil order and it would only come in a spray can @ $20.00 if they could get it.. they told me they thought the color was dead grass, I found that at a boat store but it was Brown... I will ck with another Dealer see what they say...

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Dan... What part of Illinois are you from..

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Dan,
    If you would like to give them a try, the dealer I checked at was Baker Marine in Abington Va. There telephone number is 276-628-8912. I would say they will be closed until Monday but he might be able to get the paint for you and ship it to you. If a dealer acts like something is a big deal or how big a favor he is doing me I find a new dealer. I don't like making anyone go out of there way, especially when I am paying them to do so. :roll_eyes::eek:oooh::smile2:

11. catfish1969

catfish1969 New Member

State:
    ILL.
    Thanks for all the info, again I will try another Dealer or maybe call that dealer one of you left me the number to and see what happens.. to answer the ? what part of IL. am I from, Northern IL.,
    Dan

12. catfish1969

catfish1969 New Member

State:
    ILL.
    Again thanks for all the imput, I have been real busy so I did not have time to reply back, but the dealer which I first talked to in my area, contacted me and said they can now get Gal or Qts. $44.90 a Gal and $15.95 Qt. no doubt the Gal is a better buy.. plus shipping. I guess we will see what happens...
    Dan:roll_eyes:

13. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That sound fair enough to me. I would go with the gallon as well. That in much better than the $230+ a gallon they asked me for the color on my Lowe.:sad2::angry::confused2:

Let us know how it turns out for you.
    Thanks
    David

14. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got it in a spray can from a dealer and it had to be ordered and cost 16.99 for 1 can...sb

15. catfish1969

catfish1969 New Member

State:
    ILL.
    Finally Got my Paint a few weeks ago From the Lowe dealer I had ordered it back in Dec. I was informed from Lowe about the delay. They said they had big paint problems last year there suppler did something wrong and paint was peeling off even brand new boats. and they had to get a different suppler so all this took time.. I guess thats alright if the problem was solved... about $3.00 dollars higher but again thats okay as long as it's good stuff.... Just throught I'd update....