Lowe Deep V

Discussion in 'Boating' started by rabidus, May 30, 2007.

1. rabidus

rabidus New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone have any experience with the Lowe FM series? Particularly the FM175? I am really liking what I've seen and read so far about them. I'm fairly certain that the FM175 is what I'm looking for in a boat, as far as price and performance/usability go. This boat is going to be used at a lake primarily. I'd greatly appreciate any input that anyone can give about these boats. Thanks!

(ps: I'm working on getting a picture for my avatar up sometime this week!)

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lowes are fine boats, I own a Lowe flat bottom mod-v. If a smooth ride and the ability to handle rough water are what you are looking for, then it sounds like a good choice. They arent good for the shallows, but if your out on the lake and the wind kicks up white caps, you'll be in good shape.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    My standard advice: Before you buy the boat, spend some time (as much time as you need) sitting in it and thinking about how you like to fish and whether that boat will accommodate your style of fishing. Where do the rod holders go? Where will you sit? Is the livewell big enough? Do you have enough room for your fishing buddies and all your gear? Do you have enough storage for things you need to keep on board but out of sight?

Try to be objective - don't fall in love with the idea of having *that* particular boat until you're sure it's the one for you.

4. rabidus

rabidus New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank ya'll very much for the info! I appreciate it very much.