Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a decent deal offered to me on a new Lowe catfish 20 I think. 27k with a 115 mercury. Anyone have one or been around one? Last post was 3 years old so just wanted to ask again. 27k is a lot of money but the 18 ft center console like I wanted were 21 to 24 k and didn’t have the big live well or hose down kit as well as other features so I figure maybe just order the catfish 20. Any opinions on the boat? Not a sea ark or a storm cat but not 50 k either as those boats are completely out of my price range

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
I have a lowe roughneck 20/70 with a 115 merc on it. Should be similar.

Mine will run around 35 flat out. Cruises at 25/27 very comfortably.

If i could change one thing about mine it would be the bottom. The mod vee on the catfish should ride better than mine.

Over all seem to be good quality boats.

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,365 Posts
Lowe makes a good boat. It would last a long time. But like Steven said I would make sure it had a good deadrise and not flat. Just because it is a semi-V doesn't mean it has the smooth riding deadrise. That flat hull in the back will beat you to death on even a little chop.

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
I have a 2070 Roughneck tiller model with a 60hp 4 stroker. It has all the open area I want and wot is 29-30mph. Doesn't break any sound barriers but I don't need to go super fast any more anyway.

Now the Roughneck (I think) has a 3.5* deadrise for what they call their modified V. It works great on smooth or light chop waters but is rough on heavy chop. It is a give and take between smoother ride on heavy chop and boat stability. Increase one and lose the other.

Since everything seem to fit different strokes for different folks, I would highly recommend a test ride to see what you would except. When spending that amount of money, it should be normal to try it or an equivalent boat first.

good luck.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
Tom makes a good point,

My fishing partner is not a little man by any stretch. We can both stand on one side of the back deck. You can hardly tell the boat is leaning at all.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
Good for you,
I hope it does everything you want!

Reactions: Dinkbuster
1 - 8 of 8 Posts