Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new sonar/gps combo. I have been looking at the Lowarance 525. My first question is what is IGPS mean and what is the advantage of having duel Frequency. I really don't have any deep water to fish in so would it be a waste of money to get a duel frequency 4000 watt model? For my conditions would I be just as happy with a single freq 2400 watt model? Should I be looking at other models besides the lowarance?

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Chris...I have the Lowrance 525. It is a good finder. I wanted 4000 watts of power and an external antenna. You can purchase the unit and swap the dual frequency tranducer out for a singe frequency transducer through Lowrance. If you don't fish deep water you don't need dual frequency, but 2400 watts vs. 4000 watts, to me there is a need for more watts. There are many benifits to having more wattage. I did put a single frequency transducer on my boat. And it works fine. It plugs in just like the dual frequency transducer did.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the purpose of going to a single frequency? Why didn't u just stick with the DF transducer? Can't u just turn the DF feature off if u don't want it. Is there a down side to having a DF. Do u really think that u get any advantage from having 4000 watts of power in less than 40 ft of water. It will mostly be used in 20 ft or less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.