Low water and hot, but we had fun

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by fishnfwl, Aug 23, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Paul and I, Hit the Kasky above the lake at Cox Bridge the other night, Had a good time with Paul, ran some Bank Poles and set up on the bends caught some good eatn flat and channel hey Paul....... few on rod reel and few on Bank poles, even managed to sneak one channel in on a jug, almost no current at all, using shad. Not a bad average tho, around 4-7# Also 1 Bow-fin(Dogfish)...LOL it was fun to watch...Hey Buddy.

View attachment 29317

View attachment 29320

View attachment 29321

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sounds like you 2 had a good time. Thanks for posting the pics. I'd like to try up north around Cox bridge sometime.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein the pics. Glad ya had a good time.

4. DetectDave

DetectDave New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The water below the bridge is pretty consistent as well isn't it as far as depth, etc.? We've caught a number of whites and walleyes (ie: rough fish) through there but I haven't spent much time trying for kitties. Sounds like you fellas had a great night.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea it seems to hold a good level in that area, the straits are any where from 10-12' right now, and the bend right at the ramp is still holding upwards of 25' we were setting on the out side of the bends, didn't get a sniff on the inside that night, :roll_eyes: but ya know next round may be just the opposite. No worry on bait thats for sure, shad come through a few times so thick you could snag a fresh one on the retrieve and instant re-bait :smile2:, have also got into some nice eyes in that run, usually take the U/L for the slow times but not that night, I have a good feeling that if any of the rain to the north would make into the river and just get it moving them Big Girls might fire up a bit better.