Low River conditions

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Blacky, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I have gotten skunked in 2 very dependable spots the last 2 nights. Here's the river's conditions: The river is so low that there's no flow. The waterb looks like sewage (foan evrywhere). Catch alot of weeds on your line. Full moon. Are these conditions against me???? I did very well last week and the bite just stopped. Any suggestions???

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Tan, look for fish in bigger water, like lakes. Fish along the bank where there are flats close to deep water, at night. Vern

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Find a place in the river where the water is still flowing some. You should find the cats there.

4. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It almost sounds like the river has turned over. If there is absolutely no current then it is possible that is what has happened. If thats the case you are going to catch little to nothing FOR NOW. It is tough for catfish to feed in these types of conditions. Cats really heavily on all of their senses when it comes to feeding. You better believe that all of that junk in the water makes it tough on them. Another thing you can count on is the big boys being hungry as soon as that water clears a little. Good luck and stay after it.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ive been havin the same problem.. But John you advice sounds good and i'llnthink i'll try it tommorrow night..... hope we get what little rain is on the way though.....

6. fireball

fireball New Member

State:
    georgia
    We could use some rain here in georgia also. I hear thunder way off now, hope it comes on in.

7. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i was just thanking that arlinton the bottom has no oxigen so thay will be close to the to good luck