Low profile reel

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by bluesbrother, Sep 16, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    whats a moderate price nlow profile reel that is well built.thanks

2. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    If by moderate price you mean in the 100-125 dollar range, then my choices would be a shimano Cruxix or a shimano Citica. The cruxis is $100 and the citica is $120, they both have great reviews and if there is any problems, shimano is supposed to have great customer service.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    For Bass or Catfish, I would recommend Shimano. They are a great company with quality products. Definately some of the best reels I've ever had.

4. basspro05

basspro05 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Definetely Shimano, if you are looking in the 150 range, Abu Garcia REvo is nice also

5. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would try an Abu Garcia 5500 C3 you can't beat them and they have pulled in many a bass. They run about $60.00.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Try a Abu 5000 One Series for bass fishing, I bought one about a month ago I am going to use my for bass and striper fishing.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    The Shimano Calcuttas are a little $$$ but they are definately nothing but top quality.

I use one here for Snook fishing, It surely would hold up to any type of Bass fishing but I don't Bass fish:tounge_out:

8. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a couple of low profile reels that have worked well for me. One is a Quantum Accurist and the other is a Shimano Curado. Both are moderately priced. They have held up for me for several years and I have only had a problem with the Quantum having the line guide eye bushing come loose.

That was mostly my fault though for the way I stored it over the winter. I forgot to take off a swivel as I was maintaining it for storage. I had tightened down the drag and reel in the swivel against the bushing too hard and it popped loose. A little epoxy was all that was needed to repair it and it has not had any other problem since.