Low Jacked My 5 Year Old Autistic Son This Week

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ratkinson, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Well my boy qualified for Project Lifesaver this week. He was fited with a wristband and transmitter. They are typically used for Alzheimer Patients that wander off. My son has no fear and loves to wander in new areas. They can track the signal by land or air, and participants are gennerally found within 1/2 hour after report. The percentage of people with these transmitters found in our area (North East) is 100%. There is a one time fee of $300 dollars and a monthly of ten dollars to change battery and band.They give you an indicator which you hold over the transmitter to make sure the signal is working. This is to be done daily. The local sheriff's office will bend over backwards to make sure those that need it can afford it, rediculously low payment plans. The fee may also be covered under some insurance or through special community programs. A little peace of mind in case he figures out a way to beat security system in place. Which would not suprise me in the least, he can figure out anything electronic in about a weeks time.

Richard

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Good deal, nothing like additional peace of mind where the kids are concerned. Hopefully it never gets used:big_smile:

3. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Amen to that brother!!!

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

What Brandon said. $$$ well spent, and a cheap price to pay.Glad for ya'll.

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good to hear. Peace of mind goes a long way.....

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Didn't know they had such things.At least now maybe you all can get a bit more peace and not have to worry as much, As stated before hopefully it will never be put into use.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Originally Posted by BKS72 [​IMG]
    Good deal, nothing like additional peace of mind where the kids are concerned. Hopefully it never gets used:big_smile:

About sums it up, Hope all works out for ya, and everything is good!

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Hopefully it never needs using. Good peace of mind tho.

9. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    You might also look into door alarms. Most are around $10 and are easy to install using two sided sticky tape. My oldest son has Angelman syndrome. I worry about him going outside someday by himself. The door and window alarms give me a little piece of mind.

10. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    that is a great idea and you can't put a price on peace of mind. hope you never need it but still a great thing to have in case you do.

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good deal,good to have peice of mind Hope its never used

12. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Yeah, he has figured out he can peel the small part off, and, it will make a noise that makes his dogs sing.......LOL Worked good for a while until he starte putting multiple step tasks together

eg. pull down doorway gate, slide chair from kitchen, get phone book from dining room, put on chair for extra boost, peel off alarm piece, laugh like no tomorrow.