Low falls

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by SanteeCatHead, May 21, 2009.

1. SanteeCatHead

SanteeCatHead New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There is a lot of water in the river at this time. It is running hard as of last weekend. You should have no trouble in navigating the river at this time. With the water being this high, watch out for floating logs and debris. I would run toward the wide side of the river, but not too close. There are some hairpin turns as you get closer to Hwy 601. One in particular is located at the water level station. Do not get too wide on this one. You will know which one I am talking about when you see it. It has a steep mud bluff on the left as you are running up the river.

Good luck and make sure you have a good anchor or some good rope to tie up with !!! Let me know how the fishin goes.

2. SanteeCatHead

SanteeCatHead New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would say yes. Just stay off the inside turns; lots of sand bars. I hear the river is getting a little lower. You should still be fine. When the water was down 10+ feet last summer, we rode from Low Falls Landing to 601 bridge with no trouble in a 21' boat. We had some trouble getting to the river from the landing, but after that it was smooth sailing. Be careful once you get to the confluence of the Wateree & Congeree. Stay in the middle of the Congaree for sure!!!