Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Low Falls for a couple of hours last night. Put in at about 7:00 PM and road around and pitched crickets until about 8:30. We ran upstream about 20 minutes from the landing and set up on the low side of a sandy bend along side the willows in about 10ft of water. Fished there from 9pm til midnight. Ended up with 5 blues betwean 11 and 18 pounds and one 28" striper. Probably missed four more fish. All were caught on live or cut bream.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info, lookin foward to next weekend!!
Drove down to the sand bar this morning to make sure it was clear and I felt like just staying. Spent the afternoon at the flea market getting produce and Sam's and Walley World grocery shopping.

Now if I can just get my work in order and survive until Wednesday I'm golden for five nights on the river!!!

When are you coming in?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good report, Lawrence! Sounds like a good evening!
Bill in SC
Bill,

That was a really good evening. Funny how that works out though. We went back to the same spot Friday and fished an hour longer too only catch one fish. Still had fun but we slept more than anything I think.

You need to plan to catch up with us sometime this summer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Drove down to the sand bar this morning to make sure it was clear and I felt like just staying. Spent the afternoon at the flea market getting produce and Sam's and Walley World grocery shopping.

Now if I can just get my work in order and survive until Wednesday I'm golden for five nights on the river!!!

When are you coming in?
i had to put the boat back in the shop to fix that fuel issue that i thought i had already corrected. i have it up at smith 66 and hopefully it will be ready by friday. Im still on 2nd shift right now so it will be saturday before we get out there. Yeah, i went up to the first big sandbar this past weekend and i was happy to see it was out so far. If my boat isnt ready i will be riding in my buddys boat..either way his family and mine are planning on a nice camping trip this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.