low dam by riverscape downtown dayton

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by katkiller77, Dec 27, 2008.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    any one do any good on the low dam in downtown dayton on the great miami by art institute just curious rick

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good at gettin hung up!:roll_eyes: its also a good place to go catch a fish (good luck with that) and see how long it takes folks to run up to you, or holler accross river and ask "hey, you gonna keep that"?. thats why its such a crappy spot!

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ill 2nd what Dink said, I had several folks P-lake me one time I was there when i snagged a carp with a crankbait. Funny!!! Another time when searching for Shad with a cast net down there, ( which I couldnt catch any BTW) I got a few carp and then a 5 lb saugeye, should have seen the looks on there faces when i let that one go..... We used to wade out across the lip on that dam at low water and fish for smallies but even that hasnt produced in the last few years. I wish you a lot of luck my friend and btw, that place is full of "strange" people. I never had a problem down there but always kept an eye out around me. Suggest you do the same.

Salmonid

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    maybe thats why i fish south of town thanks just wondered rick

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,sounds like you might as well forget that spot.i think that is the worst,people asking for your fish,then looking like they might shoot you because you threw it back.

6. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio

Ha, welcome to Downtown Dayton, it's not always bad, but it's never good.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good news is there is some really good Smallmouth fishing downtown away from the Dams (where the "locals" congregate) and also a growing number of Northern Pike as well. not very good for catfish though.

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    cool i have my sinclair id jamming rick