low cost fishing trip.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 23, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i plan one soon. im going to florida to fish with dan/ seacatfish.

or maybe jim/ gator to catch that shark i talked with him about.

maybe to joisey for BG to put me on a PB blue.

maybe to las wages to catch a limit of bluegills with ozzy lmao.

heres my plan to avoid gas costs.

two peice pole. a case of bottled water, 6lbs of jerky. a wooden box. and a trip to my nearest UPS hub.:wink:

anyone know if they have a weight limit?

please post addresses here. MUST be a street address. sorry NO p.o. boxes.:wink:

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now that there is funny cause it might be true. Mail is cheaper than gas.:smile2:
    Take me 2 days to dive cross country . What would overnight cost. :tounge_out:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    would be intresting to know. if someone would pm me there st addy i could calculate via ups shipping quotes on weight and package size and tell ya.:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is about the only way to go Low Cost fishing these days. I am almost glad I am missing this season! I can't imagine how much money I would have spent only to catch nothing!

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LOL, Jer just print off the addy from them to you and stamp "return to sender/refuse shipment" then climb in at the pick up box at the mall.....LOL don't forget the depends!

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    need a few extra items. an empty milk jug or two a box of aa batteries (or a few peep holes) and the latest edition of catfish insider.

7. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    You don't need that empty jug. Just re-fill the water bottles if you know what I mean.:wink: Just please place the "used" bottle so you know where they are!!

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I dont' weigh VERY much and I'm going with YA"LL. see post on pointers for men. :tounge_out:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy one could go back in time and use the old thumb to hitch hike. Hobos use to cover lots of track in all directions. How bad do we want those special fishing trips? :smile2:

10. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I have picked up one guy ever in the history of people I picked up who was hitchhiking to go fishing with his buddies. I asked if he had his gear in his backpack and he said nahhh I'll figure that out when I get there lol. He even gave me a tip.

11. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    :smile2: All this is too funny but I would like to really hear of someone really trying it.

12. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I couldn't try it if they have a size limit or charge by the pound.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Come on over!

Address: 1313 Mocking Bird Lane.:wink:

Just slap a bunch of stamps on your butt cheeks and climb in a mailbox. LOL!

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Shoot, just find a prepaid envelope from a spammer and use that, its free that way. Get 2 for round trip. A little white out and a address change and your good to go. :smile2:

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    maybe lay under it.:roll_eyes:

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jerm there is a song called "The Gift" Its by the Velvet Underground.Its an old song from the 60s.Its about a guy that sent himself to his girl friend. Its really not a good idea.Dont do it Brother!!
    smokey

17. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeremy, one of my long standing clients has invited me to fly to Chester VA and fish the James River with him in the near future. We will fly up in his airplane in the afternoon, the guide will pick us up at the airport and off to the James and it's blues we will go for an all night fishing trip. He is picking up the guide fee and meals. Can't get no cheaper than that! Since you are a bud, I will catch a big one and dedicate it to you.

PS, it is a shame BG can't tag along and see us catch something other than bait. :smile2:

18. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    now that there is funny I dont care who ya are :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    be kind of hard for me to hitch hike.3 one piece 12 foot rods,50 lb.tackel box,2 complete changes of clothes for a 30 day trip,tent,lantern,and 5 gallons of lantern fuel.30 cans of potted meat and 2 boxes of crackers and a 30 pack of pepsi.10 lbs.of coffee and a coffee pot.

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    PS, it is a shame BG can't tag along and see us catch something other than bait.

You ain't goin with chunky butt by chance are ya? LOL!