Loved ones we lost 2007

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gonecatn, Dec 31, 2007.

1. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    I was just watching the news and they showed the famous people we lost in 2007. I watched and tears welled as the list went on. I think our loved ones deserve to be shown and remembered too. I will start with my father. This pic was 2 months after he had 2 massive heart attacks. We fished till the end. I think the look on his face tells it all. If you would like to post a note and a pic or just a note. Feel free to........

Attached Files:

• dad.jpg
      dad.jpg
      File size:
      72.3 KB
      Views:
  2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Many Condolences over the loss of your beloved Father. I know your pain Bro, as I have lost both my parents. It's a tough thing to deal with.Thank you for posting and sharing!:sad2:

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    My condolences Dan and take it from a Dad and a man who lost a father many years back the good times will be with you the rest of your life

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    in 03 I lost my little brother in a car accident and 05 I lost my mother,both have offset the holidays and I miss them dearly.
    My heart goes out to you .......It is tough when they go

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I too lost my dad this year. It's hard.
    Bill

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Many condolences over the loss of your Lil Brother and then again your Mama two years later. I know that had to break your heart.Many years ago when I was a young lady and still had the energy of youth I worked the ambulance as a Paramedic. Goodness the things I have seen.So when you say car accidents I have been there,and I just want you to know that I personally really felt the famlies pain.I am so sorry Brother that you and yours suffered the tragedy of a fatal car accident.If you ever feel the need to talk about it sometime,just know that I care and I will listen.:smile:

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It seems all the ones I lost and or accidents, that was close to me, it never fails, it happen during the Holidays. Both brothers, both parents, My wife's Dad.
    In 07 it was a neighbors Son who was like family to us. Known him since day he was born. my family really does miss that boy. Few days later another friend of mine murdered.

Personally, I'm glad the Holidays are over. Only reason I care for the Holidays is for my Grandkids.
    The true meaning Is inside me.

I would also like to add. Our military and their Families. I was reading about it today. How many was lost in past couple months.

Every year I remember all those close to me by sitting outside alone in peace and quite, ( have too after the Christmas rush ) build me a nice fire, thinking bout those I lost, have a one on one with God , kind of
    going over everything.
    Works for me.
    Then I move on to the next year.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good thread, but a tough thread Dan. We lost our ma this spring. I will be posting her picture in a story I will write sometime, but not here, not now.

My condolences to anyone who has suffered a loss.

Dano's comments are mine. It has no meaning anymore. Not because my mother isn't here anymore, and not because it has always happened. I will go out of my way to assure someone has a good time or good thoughts and not get them involved in my thoughts. Just don't involve me in the positive. It becomes personal, and no slap on the back, or bible theory, or x-number of beers will change it. Something is changing, something is happening, and I don't know quite yet what it is. It is beyond us all. Perhaps my words here will help you understand my attitude and comments in my posts.

I, as Dano, will meditate by myself in my own way, and when there are none, I won't miss anyone.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I lost my last Aunt (Muriel), my mother's sister, this time last year, in Pocono, Penn.. We called her Moo because as kids we couldn't say Muriel. She was the glue that held the family together. She was a person who was never heard to say a bad word about anyone. She was like a second mother to me because after my folks split up when I was 3 years old, my mother went to live with her. After that, every time I saw my mother, I also saw Aunt Moo. Through a strange set of events, I had lost contact with everyone on my mother's side of the family for 25 years. Just before my Dad died in 2001, he gave me my first computer and showed me how to do a search. A few months after his death, I was on the computer, still searching/posting, looking for my family when the phone rang. It was Aunt Moo on the other end. An old neighbor from 35 years earlier had given me an old address and I sent a card hoping it would get forwarded to her. It did, and I was suddenly re-united with her, 10 cousins, their kids, and some of their kids kids. The first time I saw most of them in 25-30 years, was at Aunt Moo's funeral. I least I got to spend time with her for the last five years of her life.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
  11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I lost my mother-in-law the week before Christmas. She was a sweetheart, and I loved her like my own mother.

I held a special place in her heart because I reminded her of Doug, the first son that she lost due to an automobile accident. She would live to endure the death of three sons.

The sense of loss is painful in itself, but I have found that beyond this is the pain of facing one's own mortality. The loss of a loved one only brings you face to face with your own timeline, one that is far too short. As the old song says, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

One step up the staircase, climbing the pyramid of life...if you live long enough, you'll find yourself pretty much alone at the top.

Perhaps that's why it is important to maintain good friendships with the younger generation; someday they just might be the only friends that you have left! :sad2:

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

12. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Great thread.
    I too lost someone special this last year.
    My Step-father, friend, and the man that got my love for fishing started.

RIP "Houston"

Tony
    _

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We been very fortunate for the last several years. The last family member we lost was my father in law 6 years ago.

But we lost someone in 2007 that was very special to us. I would like to share this sad story.

It's about this dad, on another forum that I belong. He is a strong supporter of our troops. His 21 year old daughter was serving in Iraq. He was so proud of her. He posted pictures and videos that she sent him. I felt like I knew her for I read so much about her life. She was an outstanding and very pretty young woman. Then in October 2007, he received the dreaded news, she was killed in action. I cried then and every time I think of it. He continued to keep us on the forum up to date with post about her funeral. He posted a link that forum members could watch live from her funeral. It was too sad for me, I tried to watch but couldn't.

Then just before this Christmas he posted the last Christmas card he had received from his daughter:
    "For a special Father...

A daughter's love for her Dad is forever"...

"A dad is his daughter's
    first hero,
    the man she admires
    from the start,
    And whether she's small
    or completely grown up,
    he has a warm place
    in her heart."

"Love You, Dad,
    at Christmastime
    and Always"

She wrote...

"Shoot some Snowshoe Hare's for me this winter.
    Don't worry, I'm still going hunting - for the bad guys
    so we can go home and keep America free and safe...

Merry Christmas dad!

Love ya"

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for sharing that
    That brought tears to my eyes.

Tell her family I am very sorry for their loss but I appreciate Their /Her dedication and the Job they/all has done.

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dan, we didn't lose any human friends or family in 2007, but a good K-9 buddy of mine died last Friday.:sad2: Thursday night, we showed up at our friend's house to pick them up to go play darts. Champ (their dog) always meets me at the door with entheusiasm. This time, he met me at the door, but got knocked down by the other dog Frank, and Champ didn't get back up. He ALWAYS would crawl up in my lap. We were great friends. I'm sure I was his favorite human. When I saw the look in his eyes, I told my friend that I didn't think he was gonna be alive much longer. He was dead before noon the next day.:confused2: They rescued him from an abusive environment 8 years ago. He was fully grown then, so we aren't possitive of his age. At least 10, but I suspect he was older than that. He had a brush with death a couple of years ago when he contracted rocky mountain spotted fever. Vet misdiagnosed it as brusilosis, and castrated him. His blood would not clot, and almost bled to death over the course of the next two days. Vet attempted to cauterize to no avail. Eventually, he pulled through, but the ordeal undoubtedly took it's toll in the long run. He never was the same after that.

RIP Champ!

Attached Files:

16. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dayton,
    Thank You,for sharing that inspiring story about a truly remarkable young lady,that was taken long before her time. I've got to tell you,I had a tear come to my eye,and a lump in my throat by the time I got through reading that.
    Thanks Again,Dayton
    Glenn