Love that Oklahoma weather

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    man...if it ain't flooding..if it ain't ice storms...it is always something!:eek:oooh:

yesterday we had a pretty stout wind all day. the first pic is a little limb in my front yard that we lost in the morning. Glad i didn't have a customers car parked under it:sad2:

the next couple of pics i tried to give an idea of how big this tree is. the 1st pic of it is the lower half, and the 2nd is the upper half. this tree must have been 50+ feet tall.

when the OG&E truck tried to pick it up(after they had cut 20ft off the top) it picked up the front end of that thing when they ran the winch.

the next post will have a couple of pics of the lines. the top three lines are 170 THOUSAND volts...when that tree fell on them it sounded like a howitzer going off....LOUD, LOUD, LOUD...i heard it 7 times. huge orange fireballs accompanied each report.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    we had a bunch of service people here...tree cutters, sheriffs cars, OG&E trucks, city of shawnee vehicles, and city police and fire fighters. several thousand folks lost electricity. still some without now.

the 2nd pic in this post is of my wife and a friend. we were only about 100ft from the pole.

Attached Files:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    now this was a living tree...green and leaf bearing. when it hit those lines, in about 2 minutes it started burning. i have never seen a green tree burn by itself.....pretty impressive and eye-opening. that kind of voltage is not something to take lightly.

Attached Files:

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

make that the THIRD pic:eek:oooh::smile2:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im glad no one got hit by that. Ya sure you werent hot rodding that bus? :tounge_out:

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think he was Mike and now he`s trying to blame a storm or something.LOL!! But on a serious note the weather here has been nothing but rain and colder than usual until a few days ago, let` s get on with summer already!!!!

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We've had strong winds here daily for the last few days. Not bad today.
    Phil, thanks for the pics.