Love Peyton Manning vs Hate Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by fishnfool68, Feb 4, 2007.

Love Payton Manning vs Hate Payton Manning

1. (brotherly) Love Payton

2. Hate Payton

3. Don't have an opinion

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    He is a superstar,no doubt.Almost everyone knows who he is,and has an opinion.The fact that very few people don't either love or hate this guy is the proof of his stardome.Just like Dale Earnhart,Michael Jordan,and Joe Montana,what set them apart from the other stars of thier sport wasn't just the victorys,but the fact ,just about anyone on the street not only knew their name but loved them or hated them.I know alot of people who aren't Colt ,or Bear fans that are on one side or the other based solely on how they feel about Payton Manning.As for me,I'd like to see him get one,but I've always liked the bears,so I'm still on the fence.I'm .intrested in your responses

2. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    I DON'T KNOW HOW ANYONE CAN HATE PAYTON MANNING. LETS BE REAL, THE GUY IS THE TYPE OF ROLE MODEL THAT MOST OF US WOULD LOVE OUR CHILDREN TO GROW UP TO BE. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ON THE FIELD ONLY. HE IS AS GOOD OFF THE FIELD AS HE IS ON. NOBODY CAN ARGUE THAT. IF SO TELL ME ONE THING THAT DIMINISHES HIS CHARACTER. HE'S GREAT IN COMMERCIALS, HE GREAT IN HIS CHARITY WORK, HE'S OBVIOUSLY WORRIED ABOUT HIS FAMILY FIRST, AND HE IS ONE HELL OF A QUARTERBACK. HE MAY NOT BE THE FASTEST QB IN THE NFL, BUT HIS MIND MAKES UP FOR IT. HE'S THE MASTER OF THE GAME, AND IT SHOWS. GO COLTS!!!!!

3. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    I HATE MANNINGS NO NEED TO EXPLAIN JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

4. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    :embarassed:

He spells his name Peyton,I thought it was with an a.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana

Hate him or Love him he won the Super Bowl!!! He's going to go down as one of the best if not the best in History!!!!!:tounge_out: :cool2:

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    PEYTON IS THE BEST AND MOST DEDICATED QUARTER BACK IN THE NFL TODAY AND TONIGHT HE GOT THE GRATIFICATION HE'S DESERVED FOR A LONG TIME BY WINNING THE SUPER BOWL.

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Go Blue!! Indy deserves the win!!! Hopefully this will lead to a successful fishing season for us Hoosiers!

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Because am Bears fan dont mean i hate Peyton matter of a fact i like the dude:big_smile:

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    You know it's funny, it's funny how at the beginning of the season everyone had so many bad things to say about Peyton, how he could never win the "Big Game", how he can't play outside, and how he was over rated, but where are the people that were saying that now?:lol: Let me just take a moment to say HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! In your face!!! I couldn't resist.:big_smile: We beat the Bears while it was pouring down rain the whole game. Dome team only? Well that answered that question.:lol: Win the Big Game? Answered! Overrated? You tell me, all I know is that he's breaking all of Marinos records and he's about to pass Montana, Unitas, and Favre on the total passing yards list and he's only 30!:lol:

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This couldn't be farther from the truth!!! I seem to remember a few more guys on the feild than just Peyton, LOL!!! Peyton is a great quaterback but, without the other 10 players on the feild giving him the time to do his JOB, He would be a nobody. So please don't say HE won the super bowl, There are many other players on the colts roster that deserve the same respect than he does. He is just part of the colt machine.

11. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Now his brother will have to match him or people will blast him.It is a shame.

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
  13. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I totally agree with Dreadnaught just the same as those that say Tom Brady won 3 superbowls.I cant remember what play Brady made to win those games did he run in the winning score/Perhaps a long pass under pressure for the game winning TD?OR did Adam Venateri KICK the game winning field goals.If he missed those field goals what would Bradys legacy be.An adequate quarterback but nothing special?Peyton worked on rolling out,moving the pocket ,running under pressure and as Tony Dungy said he expects Peyton will be in his office in about 2 weeks with a list of the 7 things he wants to improve on this year.I don't think there is any dispute that if he remains healthy he will own every NFL record and will be a hall of famer.Legacy?I feel after time the accomplishments fade and just the name remains.How many super Bowls did Johnny Unitas win.How many yards did Jim Brown rush for?Who is the all time TD champ.Their names become the legend,not so much much specific accomplishments,the person becomes larger than life and fixed in our minds.

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Like I said before, he's awsome w/time in the pocket. W/O a good line and good receivers, I don't think he'd be all that. He's not a team player. He publicly critizes his teamates. He can't function out of the pocket. Uh, what else is there. Even w/a good lead in the game, he was shaking his head w/frustration, wishing they had passed the ball, after a run play didn't develop on 3rd down, displaying obvious disrespect to the coaching staff. I could go on and on, but he has skills on the field, and will go down in history as one of the most accurate passers. I'm happy for the Colts and all Colts fans, I like Dungy and the team, but dislike Peyton.

15. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I will say only one thing. Peyton rolled out of the pocket and threw a strike to Reggie Wayne with a Bears defender on his arm. THat changed the whole tempo of the game. He made his passes when they counted and helped lead the Colts to World Champions. The Colts defense stepped up and made huge plays and Grossman folded under pressure. He fumbled what four times in a row? He felt Freeney coming for him.:wink:

16. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    THAT WAS NOTHING BUT PURE DUM LUCK!!!!!!!!!

17. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I agree the Superbowl games,and records may pass away from our minds but the true "great ones" names ring in our ears forever.But with out the Championship moments and wins ,you can still be a legend like Archy,and Berry.Real football fans know these guys by thier first names,despite no Championships.The diffrence is the team around you that makes you a Champion.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think the point we are trying to make here is that: If peyton manning was out on a feild by himself against an opposing defense, he would be dead meat, LOL!!! So it takes a team to win, not a single person!!!

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Archie was one of the best if he had played on a winning team he would probaly had all the records Yea I agree with D N ANd fishing fool it is a team sport