Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,

i have been messing with the ugly boat the last few weeks and have fallen in love with the new led lights that are so easy to find and use.

ive strung red led's all ove the place....looks like a house of.....well u know...... now here is the question.

been thinking of trying one of those fish lights that float, found one in led. is there any info pro or con on using them for cats?

I fish mostly the colorado round blthye and south:drool:.

thanks

G

·
I use a green led light for night fishing for stripers. Had thought about it for Cats, but looks like aces70#er got that answered already so I guess I can leave my light at home.

·
Banned
3,910 Posts
i listen to good old country music in boat until about 8:00 at night. then it is quiet time. talk quiet or whisper. can't help the airiater in boat cause i like live bait fish, but no other noise. only noise i want to hear besides sounds of reel going ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is beer going POP! LOL
gary

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Last time I was at Bartlett,, I could hear the boat upstream a couple a hundred yards,, They were good Cat fellers,, only thing I heard was snoring and farting...occassional urination, must not of been beer drinkers,, never heard a pop,,and,, NO ONE that night heard ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
So that means this Fri. the 14th will be the best day this month? Thats the day of the new moon:Happy:
I have caught them in all moon phases. I really do not know if the moon phase is all true or not, however I do not typically go out when it is a full moon. I guess the theory is that full moon a flathead can sit there and wait for a fish to swim by, vs non moon they have to go look for it, but I do not think a flathead has to depend on moon light like other fish because they can't see worth a damn anyways. So who knows, It is more superstitition I think, but it generally keeps me home.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I have to agree with no light and no lantern or fire I think that deturs them aswell. and the reason I think that is I have been bank fishing with the only light I had was my head lamp and about 100yrds away there were other ppl fishing with lanterns and a nice big warm fire and I caught fish and thay didn't. I haven't always known about the light thing. And I used to have nice fires to but it seemed that when my fire went out I would catch fish.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.