lousy day of fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by johndeere nut, Aug 23, 2009.

1. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    So i went out on the ohio river today put in about 11 and left atoun 6. spent all day fishing and running to different spots that always produce and fishing some deep holes up by the power blant on the back sides of the pylons man those are big and the water is deep. got checked by the game warde i was all leagal and he wanted to know if my drift buckets were minnow buckets guess he wanted to see my bait. anyhow all day fishing and only caught 1 fish and it was around a 5-6 pound striper my first striper but no cats today. most places i didnt even get a bit guess the weather is messin with them i dont know but may leave the boat at home next week gettin expensive to nat catch anything. oh well i will find them one day just gonna keep hunting.:sad2:

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Man, sorry to hear about ya catching no catfish Brian:sad2:, Don't feel lonely We done the same thing Friday,,Yesterday might have been a killer day to hit the water with the overcast sky's and fronts moving through..:wink:

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Brain sorry to hear of your fishless trip [catfish ] but i hope u load up the next time you go :wink:

4. newburghcatfish

newburghcatfish New Member

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    Sunday was also bad for me. First I couldn't find any bait and then spent about 6 hours for a 2 1/2lb Flat. Bad Day

5. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    well i guess we cant catch a boat load every day but i will keep tryin till i find them i think flame keeper (kenny) and i might go to the ky river this sat if the weather holds out. we are determined to find them big cats

6. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I fished all weekend and didn't catch not one catfish. The only fish we did any good catching was the bluegill bait:angry_2: Oh well at least the mosquito's were giving consistent bites.

7. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well, It's good to know it wasn't just me...

Sat: Found bait np. Five hours & two small bites. No fish. (Kosmosdale area)

Sun: Couldn't find bait, Finally netted one moon eye. Drifted three hours & only caught 2 blues. 4 & 11 lb. (New Albany area)

Great weather for the fishermen, but not for fishing. (I'm guessing)

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    from wh at i was told yesterday was the day to be out on the water. i know a guy that did exceptionally well in all the spots he tried down this way. but thats just it ..when i dont go out the fish start biting really good. i think its about time i hung up the rods and get out the guns.

9. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Take it from someone stuck on the bank. TAKE THE BOAT! I'd rather spend money on fuel and come away empty handed knowing I tried every spot I knew than come away empty handed after trying the only spot available where I'm at.

10. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    Oh it was a beautifull day to be out on the water they just didnt bite like i expected.:big_smile: