Louisiana member - New to the sport of catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by MikeYoungs, Oct 4, 2006.

1. MikeYoungs

MikeYoungs New Member

State:
    La.
    I haven't fished for 15 years, then I started bass fishing last year. Once the hot weather hit, the bass fishing slowed, so I decided to try for some catfish. I went out one day at noon and rigged my line with a night crawler. The first cast I caught an 8 1/2 lb. flathead! That was the end of my bass fishing days! I spend all of my time chasing cats now, and this web site has been a great help. Also the pictures here are a real motivator. So far my biggest fish has been a 15 lb. blue, but I know that it's just a matter of time till I catch a really big fish! Thanks for all the good advice.

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Glad to hear it Brother and we are glad to have you! Good luck with those big ol' catties too!

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Mike! Welcome to the wonderful world of catfishing, and also to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! Sounds to me like you are already doing something right and I have no doubt you'll hook into a big one real soon. Way to go! :smile2:

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC mike , no doubt you will be catching larger fish , but remember cpr catch photo release , them bigguns and next year he will gain more weight

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.15 lber sounds good to me.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    glad to see you like the site so much i love it here to lots of good people an friends

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome Aboard Mike we are Glad to Have you Sir! J.D.