Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Louisiana Grouper Record Set

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  huskerkat 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Simply incredible! Imagine the look on the mrs. face back at the dock when you say you only caught one and she see's that thing in the back of the boat???

#10 ·
Would have taken several photos and turned it loose. No need in keeping a fish this big. That is just my opinion and I hope I don't cause anyone to get upset by saying this. If I do I am sorry. I guess I am getting soft in my old age.I am thinking about the future fishery.

Thanks for letting me share.
PEEDEE CAT

#11 ·
Would have taken several photos and turned it loose. No need in keeping a fish this big. That is just my opinion and I hope I don't cause anyone to get upset by saying this. If I do I am sorry. I guess I am getting soft in my old age.I am thinking about the future fishery.

Thanks for letting me share.
PEEDEE CAT
I am not a saltwater fisherman, nor an expert on grouper, but I would imagine that fish came from pretty deep water and the pressure differences would not allow you to successfully release it. I am just assuming this from some of the comments made on the original forum where it was posted. If that is not the case, I would totally agree with you! Lots of pics as fast as possible and then back in the water!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.