Louisiana and Mississippi

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FishMan, Feb 28, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a brother who would like to come down there to get in on the construction or remodeling. Would any of you have any advice. He has all tools to build about any part of a house. He will be comming from Tennessee so will have to find a place to live but he does not know even what area to start in. He is single so he can live about anywhere. He has construction experence and also 15 years experence in distribution and management of employees.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fishman, my cousin is on the Mississippi coast with a crew replacing roofs on houses. He has been calling me every couple weeks or so letting me know whats going on. The next time I hear from him, I'll ask him how he got hooked up with the work. I do know that they are staying in campers at an RV park.

3. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Hancock, Harrison, or Jackson county Mississippi would be a great place to go. Can't help you much on any ideas where to live. Everybody's needin that right now.

4. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    There is LOTS of work in New Orleans, but unless he has a travel trailer there is few options right now on where to live. All the hotels are booked up, he would have to stay places like Hammond, or such, and drive an hour one way. The money is good though.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks for the info guys, some good thoughts here. I don't know where but he is going somewhere down there in a few days.

Thanks again
    Danny

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Hello Brandon If you could relay that info to me it would be highly apprecated
    I Am a roofing contractor specializing in metal roofs Stone coted is my strong point tile shingle and shake profiles.

Thanks Jeff

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jeff, as soon as I here from my cousin I will PM you some info. I do know that they are working mainly on residential homes, not commercial buildings.

8. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    thats cool these are resedential products

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jeff: My brother would make you a good hand if you could use the help. He doesn't really care where he goes as long as he can work.

Danny