Louisburg Middle Creek

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RPnKC, Aug 15, 2005.

1. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Bad news at Louisburg Middle Creek Friday night?
    I headed down to Louisburg and arrived shortly after 10:00pm. When I first drove in I thought, "Tonight I'm going to have the lake all to myself" since there weren't any trucks or trailers in the parking lot. Somehow managed to back my boat down the unlit ramp in the rain by myself.
    There was a well equipped boat tied to the dock unattended. This boat had obviously been out in the water, as the deck was covered with throw net, rods & reels, tackle boxes, beer cans, etc. At first I thought,"they must have forgotten something, and drove back home/to town". Maybe a beer run?
    I fished until about 3:30am, it rained HARD a few times, and rained steadily most of the night. When I returned to the boat dock, the unattended boat was still there. Now my thoughts are that someone got hurt out on the water? My hopes are that they are ok, safe & sound. There was also a spool of braid on the deck by the front pedastal seat. Not accusing anyone, but they should know that set lines of any type are illegal at Middle Creek since it's only 280 acres:
    http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/fishing/fishing_regulations/legal_equipment
    Anyway, I did catch the largest flathead of my life at 3:00am during the rain storm. Trying to upload a photo has been unsuccessful, anyone know where I can find imaging constraints for this new site?

2. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i hope no one got hurt or worse. congrats on the flathead, hope you can get some pics up.

3. Individualist

Individualist New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    I saw your pics in the gallery Rick, you had a pretty good night of fishing. Congrats on your biggest fish to date.

4. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I have always wanted to fish that lake. Is there any place to fish from shore or do you need a boat?

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Rick, How big was the flathead you caught?

6. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    There is quite a bit of shore accessable on the north side of the lake, but I'd highly recommend fishing from boat. Caught on hand sized live bluegill in 2' water, weighed in at 35#.