Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Lottery Bear Hunt

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  D Sawyer 
#1 ·
Just got notified that I was picked for a lottery tag for a black bear during the general firearms deer season in WV! I usually hunt the regular bear season anyway, but I almost always see them during deer season..Guess all the deer hunters keep them pushed and on the move.

#5 ·
So are you gonna go out specifically for one or just go out for deer and shoot a bear if you see one? I'm curious because we have went from hardly no bears to a descent number and I don't know how to pursue them. I read the post on Tommy's bear secret... would that be legal in VA?

#6 ·
I'm going to hunt an area where I saw a bear while turkey hunting..I'm going to try to hold out for a bear but if a good buck comes through, I'll make my decision then..I think the fact that "it can be consumed" when you spray it on the leaves would make it illegal, same in WV but he never hunted the bears just liked drawing them in for a look..I'll probably make up some anise/vanilla and put it on a scent wick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.