Lots of small ones

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Kansas Tree Rat, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Took the Kayak and floated 2 miles of the upper Wakarusa yesterday. I caught tons of small channels. Keep (7) 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. No bigger ones on this trip. I got kind of a late start and it was getting pretty late so I passed up several holes at the end of the run that really looked like the best water on the whole trip. I would like to make this run again and take a little more time. There was one place that I might even stop and do an overnighter.
    Man that river is hard to get into and out of. You about need a parachute to get in and climbing gear to get out!

2. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    How far up? Don's Steak House? Green Rd.? I have spent a lot of time up there, and your right, it is pretty wooly. Used to set lines up around Green rd. and have caught Flatties a little over 30 in a 2 man bass boat there.:wink: One time we caught a bunch of carp on perch.

3. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Put in at the old bridge 2 miles above green road and came down and pulled out at green road. getting myself and the boat out was quite a job all by myself and in the dark.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job on some good fishing. Look forward to hearing about more trips in the future