Lots 'o Beans!!

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by boswifedeb, Jul 29, 2009.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I picked a bunch of beans this afternoon will put them in the freezer tomorrow. They've been doing really great. If I had known they would do this good, I would have planted even more!!:big_smile: They are Kentucky Wonders and are wonderful!!

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds good Debbie. If you had some new marble sized potatoes with those Kentucky Wonder green beans, that would be a meal that would be hard to beat. Congrats on the harvest.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    we put up a bunch of purple hull peas a few weeks ago, then i think we bout got what we gonna get outta this field, put up 11 quarts 2 days ago. i dont wanna see another bean field for awile.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My pole beans are just starting to bloom,Deb. I planted them later than usual and the 100* heat hasnt helped ,But they are growing like weeds now after this week of cooler weather and rain!! Todays high was an unbelievable 77*:cool2:

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Deb our pole beans are just blooming,,, Rattle Snake and KY Wonder are the pole beans. I have picked about 7 five gallon buckets of green and yellow bush beans,, Top Crop and some cheap yellow one,,,lol

I get my seed from commercial grower outfits,,, that yellow bean was 1.25 a pound,,,,five pound seed minimum,,,,,lol,,,Top Crop was 1.45,,, five pound minimum,,,, It's even cheaper in 50 pound bags,,,,,lol,,,lol,,,,I gave some seed to the nephews and will not have to buy seed next year,,,lol,,,

We have froze, and canned beans this year,,, I am even experimenting with some pickled yellow beans.

6. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio

Had my first pickeled Green beans last year they are good never made them, would you use the same recipe as pickeled peppers? If you would change the recipe what would you change?

7. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    you probly know this but ill refresh you:tounge_out: fry up some bacon, boil some beans, boil some RED SKINNED TATERS and mix the three together and fry up with some onion and garlic. add salt + pepper and abunch of ketchup. also goes good with overeasy eggs on top. try it. :big_smile::cool2:put franks hot sause on it too

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  8. grouse & britt

grouse & britt New Member

State:
    Pa.
    dono about anywhere else, but thr bush beans are un stopable this Yr
    here in ne pa put bout 1/2 pound of seed in & picked bout 80 pound of beans so far over the last month thay are starten to peater out though
    gardens been great this Yr except the tomatos aint ripening with all the rain & cool nights

9. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    This is our first garden. We've had a few tomatoes and peppers the last few years, but not an honest to God garden. I've had a lot of fun out there working in it, and goodness knows my big butt needs the exercise!:smile2: I'm just thankful we're getting some good out of it. I've got a feeling this is going to be a rough winter.