Lot Of Nut Cases On the Water!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    19 November 2005 was the date. As true then as now.... :embarassed:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    A very interesting article! But the reason I sold the boat was the jet skiers! I think it should be made into a law that they stay in one area of the lake. Even if those areas are rotated and posted every so often. I find them annoying when trying to fish. I'd just soon bank fish or float a stream or river than to put up with that again. :roll_eyes: JMHO. Take care.

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think alot of people should just for the heck of it take a boater safety class that there state gives out over the internet. It will teach old dogs new tricks sometimes. I know my three kids are taking the Kentucky class on line they have a entire teaching section and a test on there for them to practice for the real test, then it cost's $15.00 to take the final test , plus they get a card for life saying they took the class in most states its required for a certain age and under, but I really think it should be required for all who boat.

I have worked with alot of people over the past 25 years in boating that they say they know it all but when you ask a question like if you are boating at night and see just a red light and a white light what is that boat doing and they look at you like ( what the heck did he just ask ? )

I had a boat back into Kinzua Lake in Pa one year on July 4th and the boat ramp was full, someone yelled at the guy when he backed the boat down to the ramp into the water when he got out he forgot to put the truck in park and left it in (R) and the truck boat trailer went into the lake and closed the ramp for over 6 hours until we got the vehicles out, his truck was brand new and so was the boat, but he did manage to mess up the ramp all afternoon forcing people to go to Kinzua Marina over 12 miles down the lake to get there boats out of the water, but the drive around thru the forest service was over 25 miles. I think alot of people would of like to strangle this guy..

D/H

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Nut cases on the water, there certainly isn't a shortage of them!

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Learn it and live it! I remember that post.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Boy, Paul everyone of those was as true as true can be. :lol:

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    When I go to the river on a weekend I have some very productive spots that are located in "No wake" zones and I manage to avoid the nuckleheads there. During the week is rarley a problem.

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    That should be required reading for boating and the boc.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats some very good advice, it just takes common sense.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    That was before my time here but as you said..just as true today unfortunately. Put a sticky on this one so all get a chance to read it!

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Fish on the Bank then all you have to worry about is the nutcases on the Water that will take all of your lines with them :tounge_out:

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    John.The way your luck has been running,You will get the spines.peewee-williams.

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The self styled elite will always be with us.We are fortunate to have them as the world revolves around them.Our own ignorance and inferior intellect keeps us from treating them as they deserve.After all,they have honored us with their presence.It is not their fault that all of us riff raff and trash are allowed to use the world along with them.We should not be taking time away from our jobs of making the world a nice place for them.Their whole life is devoted to themselves,and they expect you to also devote yours to them.After all,their wants and pleasure is all that matters in life.Many people spend their whole life without once thinking of others.STUPID PEOPLE ALWAYS BREED.USUALLY IN GREAT NUMBERS.peewee-williams

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Great article Paul. I think the Ramp fishing, the dock Hog, and especially the trash people are probably the worst on the waters that I fish.

16. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bank fishing, unless in a no-boating zone, can be just as bad with jet skiers. Not too long ago I had one that passed me about 3' past where my line met the water. I keep wondering what would have happend if he had hit it. Probably would have drug the weight and hook up into himself.

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Maybe he would of learned something then? Jetskiers dont get me started on them. :angry:

18. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I completely agree that everyone on the water should be required to have a boating safety course. I took mine with the US Coast Guard Auxiliary; Boating Skills and Seamanship Course and NAV. All in all about 14 nights of class. The knowledge obtained was WELL worth it. It makes you even more aware of the idiots out there. You need to play it safe on the water!
    In addition to completing the courses it gives you a break on your boaters insurance
    :big_smile:
    This website will help you find classes given in your area
    http://nws.cgaux.org/visitors/pe_visitor/index.html the courses are not expensive, I did these two for $35.

19. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    how true it is! just friday nite i was fishing a pier minding my own bidness when 2 couple in a boat parked awful close to my set. may i suggest an ammendment to the rules? how about the morons that are so fascinated by their spotlites that they have to keep lighting EVERYTHING and EVERY boat and banker up!

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh how true that is. I fish without lights on the bank (until I hook a fish that is), so I need to keep my night sight. Someone goes shining a bright light my way and it is gone for 10 to 15 minutes.