Lost soul

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by davesoutfishing, Sep 17, 2006.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    hi evryone this has been bothering me for along time it seems one of our good friends has dissapeared from the site for some reason I have pmed his brother asking him if he has heard anything with no response a member went by his home and said it looked like he had moved out (maybe I shouldnt have post that) but Im worried he is a good friend that has helped me out alot so here is what I am offering I will donate 50.00 bucks to the BOC for any good info on where he has dissappeared to .......sal? this is a good man and we need to find him where are you buddy you are missed by me and many others.......this offer is not valid if he is back now

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I became concerned about RedNeckDrum,he just disappeared. I have called him 2-3 times all I get is his answering machine. He used to call me on the phone and we'd talk for quite awhile.Told me his wife was in a nursing home after having a stroke she only 52(Sorry if I wasn't suppose to repeat that) but I never did find out where he went. My husband finally told me not to fret so he has our number if he wants ya to know he'll call. I keep hoping to find him on the board but have not as yet. Does anyone know something I don't. Please speak up if ya do. I thought he was funny and a really nice guy. I enjoyed talkin to him.-------------pk:crazy:

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Okay, just to let you know Sal isnt missing. He and Tony just recently fished together where Sal caught a flathead. He was on vacation in Alaska at one time, but I think he's back now. Don is the one that was MIA, but I spoke to him on the phone and he will be making a post soon. All accounted for...

Vic

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Life a b---h and then you get over it! Had a lot of things going on docs tryed to od me!!!!!!! place i live in is being remoled top to bottom with out costing me a dime!!!!!!!! Lost it for a while but im back!!!!!!!!!

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Im here now...

And I will be back on Monday with TONS and TONS of info to share.... about fishing in Alaska, Fishing on Long Island, fishing off long island, camping in the Adirondacks, hiking in the Catskills, cruising through Woodstock, dipping my feet in the Niagra River at niagra falls, and then fishing in Michigan with and without luck.

I may also share some information on why there is a picture of me and (gasp)Fidel Castro side by side... yes it is true and not Photoshopped- and no... I did not need a boat or a dozen PFDs duct-taped to an upside-down table to get to his side for the picture.

I might share my story of how a new york city police officer nearly arrested me within taking my first 4 steps out of the train at Penn Station, and I may have a paragraph or two about how I finally saw a buxom blonde that was taller than my wife... only to realize that in "The Village" of New York it is common. As common as "her" bulge (choke back the vomit).

I have stories of Alaska and minneapolis and Detroit and New York and Pennsylvania and Ohio and Ontario and pictures and all sorts of goodies....

But you all must wait. I am still on my vacation.

I did miss my BOC family. I still do. You brothers and sisters are awesome people. Fine folks. Good friends who I could not possibly short-change with a half-arse'd story in slipshort manner. So I wont.

I will be back possibly monday... for sure next week some time.

God Bless!

:wink:
    Your bro.

6. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Not sure if this is where I am supposed to post or not but here goes. I have read a lot of info on this site for about a year now and joined 6 weeks or so ago. I am computer brain dead so it has taken me a while to figure out my profile, how to post etc. But with the help of my dear wife I am making head way. The only people I know are Tony and Sal. They are both fine individuals, and I have fished with both of them this summer. I am new to catfishing and relatively new to fishing in general. I am looking forward to eventually meeting more of you in the future. We enjoyed the DNR idiots report this evening. I also registered on this site as I was not aware there was a new site. I have been on the old site all this time. Glad to be part of a group like this and plan on being more active as I get used to how this works. Later for now

7. Whiskerwhacker

State:
    Michigan
    All the good names were taken, so please no more grief over my username, family and friends have been cruel. It was either that or the Catfish Whisperer but didn't quite roll of the tongue like I had hoped. Oh well

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to have ya.And your screen name is just fine.You just gained a whole big bunch of family.Enjoy!-------------------------pk powell:smile2:

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Steve... your life as you knew it, has been forever altered...:big_smile:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme a lot. ~~Mark Twain

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    OH WOW!
    Steve!

LOL - Great to see you became a member bro!

BOC Folks... Steve has been out with me twice before... once as a guest on my boat and once on another boat while Bwanatony and I were out on the 10th of his month.

Somewhere round here I have a pic of this guy with a nice 8lb channel cat, taken around 2:30am back in the early summer on Rainbow Lake. Ill have to dig it out now. Welcome Steve and by all means stay! Whiskerwhacker or not... (whatever that means) it is still more catfish-oriented than Sal_jr. LOL
    Besides, with "catfish Whisperer" you'd neeed a spanish accent and a lisp. ROTFL

Oh and one of these days Ill have to get you and Gabe out to my house- I am preparing to smoke salmon up and after the 1st batch, I already see how fast this stuff is going to disappear. Ill let you guys know when I get batch #2 done... Batch #1 was 40lbs and lasted all of 23 hours. Family came in like a tidal wave and scooped up all but the one fillet I tasted when I was making sure it was cooked. lol :eek:oooh:

See ya round brother!

Sal

11. Whiskerwhacker

State:
    Michigan
    Glad to see you're back Sal. Took my daughter fishing tonight for gills. I have a seminar in GR tomorrow and Tony is bringing his boat to work so we can hit the water for a while in the evening. I have a cooler full of gills in my van awaiting their fate. Gabe and another of our cohorts Jason went tonight as well, with some of their kids, so it was interesting keeping all the lines untangled, baited, and wet. It was fun though. Swapped for a small bait refrigerator with one of my customers today. This will greatly improve my marital relationship as "my section" of the fridge smelled like shrimp, livers, anise oil, crawlers, etc. I moved them all to the barn tonight. Anyway, thanks to all for the warm welcome, and will be talking to you later, Steve:cool2:

12. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC Steve...:cool2:

13. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    I vote from now on we call Steve "WW".

We already have a Steve, whose real name is Jim, so we can't call Steve Steve or we'll confuse Steve-Steve with Steve-Jim. So.....

"WW" it is.

Anyway, glad you decided to become an active participant, the best is yet to come.

Now, WW, I know you won't get this message before our fishing trip is over, but I hope you got some sleep last night because tonight the fishing could be great. The river is up from the miserable low levels and the rain is supposed to stop before 5 PM, so we just may hit it right for a change.
    I went for bait, too, and got 16 gills and another record class bullhead- much too big to use for bait.

I'll start a new thread later to report on how WW and I do tonight.
    Tony

14. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Steve welcome to the BOC! You have already hooked up with two of our more active members in Michigan, so you are already in good hands. Good to have you around man!

Vic

15. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Victor, it's "Dubya Dubya" , man...
    You said Steve, and I thought you meant Jim! LOLOLOLOLOL

16. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Dubya dubya....

ROTFL.

Why not Steve-Steve and not Jim-Steve? Why's it gotta be a politcal thing? What if Dubya Dubya doesnt like "Dubya"? He may very well, but if the case is that Dubya Dubya doesnt care much for George Dubya, then we're up crap's creek, arent we?!

How about Steve Dubya?

Why not "Zap, The Catfishing Electrician"

Are we overthinking this one?

ROTFL... ok... Im done goofing off.

Good luck brothers! Be safe, have fun and I hope ya get a whole mess of uglies in your boat.

:tounge_out:

17. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's too funny. I better leave the politics alone though so as not to get in trouble. I just wrote Sal a PM to state that I plan on fishing with one of you guys next week. Sal is the closest, and therefore more practical for a one nighter during the week, but anything is possible. What is anyone's schedule next week?

Vic

18. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:

WHAT, is political about "Whisker Whacker"? (WW, get it?)?
    Are we so PC that we don't want to offend people with facial hair?
    Is it the "Whackem' & Stackem'" (Nugent) connection?
    I just don't get..... oh yeah... THAT "Dubya"...

Well, THAT Dubya is a bass fisherman, and I doubt very much he has time to visit this site these days.

Anyway, what's this about next week? Hmmmm? I can drive, too, you know...

19. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well lets figure out a day and go for it- Rainbow lake, Lake Ovid, or the maple shore (minus the skeeters).

Any option is fine by me.

If we go to Rainbow we can knock out some crappie fishing while we have a line out for cats. If we go to Ovid, we can also be rest assured to hook a musky as well or two on the way to the flathead or channel cat spots- It is VERY possible--- there as the muskies are all over that lake.

Both are great options.

Your call, guys!!~!

Plenty of room!!!!

20. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Well I approached my wife about doing some fishing this week, and it turns out next week is going to be better for me. I would like to do some flathead fishing now that the green light is turned on for winter feeding. I have been going out for the last couple of nights, and realize that cooler weather is not far away! So I would like to get in some evening/night fishing for flats before the outside temp gets in the 30's (which is uncomfortable for me at night...I turn into a (fill in the blank ROTFLOL!!!) Anyway, this Lake Ovid sounds like an intriguing prospect. Have you ever been on this lake Sal?