Lost my spot

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by r ward, Sep 5, 2006.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I went to ocmulgee river I made sure to get in the woods cause I drive a Jeep and can go where others don't sitting back just enjoying the quiet waiting on the big or any bite when I looked down there was a snake between me and the river so very carefully I helped him go for a swim with the end of my pole 5' 6" pole yes he was that close set back just a little more watchful now about 30 mins later I saw another one so with me being a good type person I decided to give them that spot and headed home no bites of any kind except skeeters

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think I would have let them have it too. Even if they are just dropping by to say Hello I would say you are I gotta go.

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Discretion is the better part of valor .

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    No question about it!! I'd have left I love to fish but I will not share my spot with snakes period!!------------pk powell:crazy:

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i would love to sit back and say theres nothing to worry about but i dont like water snakes myself

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Bye,Bye little bridie. Guess I'm just Chicken when it comes to snakes. Don't mind one once in awhile ,but that sounded like way to many. Why take chances. Smart move.

7. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    If it's during the day time and I can see them, it doesn't bother me too much.
    If it's at night and I see more then one, it's time to go.

Snakes didn't seem to bother me (much) until I got bit and since then I stay as far away as I can.

Yes, I have given up some good spots to snakes.:sad2:

Ken

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Good choice Brother. Seems like the snakes always seem to come out when the water raises. I hate the snakes that when you help them move along that they always seem to come right back.lmao. got to use common since now a days ,just never know how aggresive they are

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I share if I get the chance.A trip or a place that I can get to is worth fighting over to my dieing breath.They are just too rare and too hard to come by any more.peewee-williams

10. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Yes!
    We were at our favorite spot a couple months ago and doing pretty good.
    This snake comes up and I scare it off, and it comes back.

When it come back, my daughter throws a big rock at it and hit's it in the head, and it just lays there for a while (we thought it was dead ).
    All of a sudden, it starts to move around and we throw more rocks and it would go away for a little while, and comes back. This thing kept doing this for a couple hours and I told the kids it was time to go.

I have never seen a snake that kept returning like that one did. It didn't matter what we did too it, it would come back for more.

I decided the snake wanted the place more than we did so we left.

Ken

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Adds a whole new element to hitting you spot. I shiver when in the company of snakes.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    That was real neighborly, giving up your spot like that.:eek:oooh: :0a5:

13. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    it's there homes were just guest
    I don't like snakes either they give me the hebejebes
    Trevor

14. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    He who goes away is alive to fish another day.
    Bill

15. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Good move! I'd have done the same thing too!

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sorry , to hurt anyones feelings but id a killed it and maybe even used it for bait

17. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    After you get bit one good time, you will begin to head home too.

Wheelmobile07

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The weather has alot to do with how many snakes you see in a certain place. As cooler temps come in the snakes will find a place to keep warm. They sense your body heat and think it is someplace to stay warm. Most snakes out there will only make you hurt yourself. You can go back to your spot later and have no problems with them. I would be willing to bet that if you built a fire they would stay clear for a bit, cause they are just as afraid of you as you are of them.
    Let's keep one thing in mind here!!! When we go fishing on the bank of a river or lake "we are the visitors, they live there"!!! I am sure that you would get defensive if someone came to your house and set on your front porch and started poking a stick at "YOU" because they were afraid of you or didn't understand you!!!
    You go fishing to enjoy what nature has to offer, well enjoy it, don't terrorize it, LOL!!!