Lost My Fishing Buddy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gcarlin, Aug 24, 2006.

1. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well My freind and Fishing Partner Left this world 3 years ago today. It's Sad that He's Gone but I know that hes in a better place. I dont figure that you could actually ever replace a good friend .God knows that he sits on my shoulder when I catch the big ones. He would have really loved this site. sadly Missed but never forgotten, heres to you Jim. .may the fish keep biting where you are...............

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You will never be able to replace him brother!!! All you can do is remember the good times you shared and share them with someone else that can fish with you from time to time!!
    Gone but never forgotten!!! The ledgend will live on as long as you can remember!!!

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    It's tough to lose a good friend. Make sure you keep his memory alive by talking about him and let others that knew him know that it's OK for them to talk about him too. Often people are too embarrased to mention those who are gone but I think to not talk about them is wrong. He was part of your life why not remember and speak of the good times...W

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats a very good post, thank you!

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is a great post! A true friend is unreplaceable. I lost me father a couple of years agao. We sure had some fun. I Miss him alot. All you can do is just remember the good times and he is always with you. Good memories to you!!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    My father would say John when your time comes to leave this old world.(Quote) If You can count the number of TRUE Friends on the fingers of One hand not counting your thumb then your a Lucky Man! And boy was he Right.You Can't replace them kind of True Friends. God Bless Him on this day and always, As well as You. Thank You for sharing with Us! Your BOC Brother from Iowa. J.D.Straka

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    God bless, gone but not forgoten. Ty for post.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Greg,
    I know how you fill - I lost my a fishing Buddy on the 1st of August of this year.:sad2:
    But I just look at it this way - our fishing Buddys maybe gone, and are in a much better place - but when you think about it, they are always there everytime we go fishing or anywhere of that matter. So you see - we haven't lost them - we just don't see them there anymore.
    (Think about it :roll_eyes: )

You takecare Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil
    R.I.P. Buddy

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Thanks for all of the support on this post. It means alot to me that everyone understands what we have lost one way or another. I stopped at his grave today to visit and it felt like he was sitting right there with a smile . Thanks Again Greg Carlin

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Greg, it really is all about the memories and good times in life.

11. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Great post Greg, Good friends are what it's all about, he'll always be there.

12. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I think of my lost freind everyday because I recieved his dog after he left this world. and the dog loves to go fishing