Lost my fishin' buddy in divorce please help!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by chuck luck, Jun 1, 2006.

1. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Hi guys, lost my fishin' buddy recently. So I'm looking for some new fishin' buddies around central Indiana. I fish mainly on the weekends. Usually in rivers. White River, Mississenewa River, tried the Wabash a few times, but it's a real long drive from Alexandria. Would prefer to drive no more than 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Fish for flatheads, and bait, that's about it. I don't have a boat, if you do that's cool. Any help would be greatly appriciated. My dad, and my brother and law, and sister have went with me a few times this year. Not a single flat yet. Not sure, but I'm starting to think one of us is cursed. Hope it's not me. Prove me wrong guys. Let's go catch some flats. Have a good day! Chuck.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hmmmm, Sounds risky, I can't afford to lose my wife (she does all the laundry)LOL:lol:

Good luck!

3. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Chuck, I'm near Pendleton, so I'm not far away. Just got a boat, but won't be legal (road/water-ready) for a couple weeks, but the little bit of finish work will be done by then.....so shoot me a PM in a couple weeks (lol....'cause I'll forget :crazy: ) .

Only other thing is I'd rather fish thru the week (but that ain't written in stone)....less lake traffic & ramp lines. You familiar with Summit? I plan on fishing there after the boat's goin'.

Smitty

4. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    My biggest problem with fishing through the week is I don't get home from the factory until about 5 pm. I usually go to bed about 10 pm during the week, cause I get up about 4:45 am for the long drive to the south side of Indy. I've been to Summit once. Caught a couple of channels, and a few bass. That was long before I started fishing for flatheads. Are there flatheads in Summit? I don't much bother with the channels anymore. I'm lookin for that 50 lb. flat! I'll shoot you a pm in a few weeks and see how it's going. Later, Chuck.

5. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We are trying to have a gathering soon at brookville lake and yes there are flats in here. But we can take a trip to the ohio river any time that u would like as well. I live in brookville and it takes me an hour and a half to get to muncie. you would only have to drive to here. So 20 pound channels would not interest you? But we also have giant blues in the ohio!

6. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Good luck at Summit! Man hitting the Wabash sounds good! Haven't been on the Bash in a few years. I haven't fished it around here. Wouldn't even know where to start. I drove around and looked a few times, but never tried it. I fished it over by the state line. Nothin' but a couple channels. It looked really good over there though. Tons of logjams. Let me know when you want to go. I'm ready whenever you are. Later, Chuck.

7. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    I'd still let your wife do your laundry!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    When you want to hook up and hit the Wabash? I need to catch a Flathead!!!:lol:

9. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Might not make it allnight. But I'll do my best. I get up about 4:30 a.m. everyday, but I'm a night person. So by the weekend I'm usually pretty wore out. I usually head home around 2-3 a.m. But, like I said I'll do my best. I'll pm you my cell, just give me a call if you end up going. Have a good one, Chuck.

10. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Hey I am living in southern indiana right now home for the summer, but will be going back up to Purdue at the beginning of August. Not sure how far of a drive it is but maybe we can fish sometime then.

11. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm seriously thinking of taking up drinking again. Atleast that way I'll get something for my money! We'll get together some time soon, and not catch some flatheads.:ah: Later, Chuck.

12. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Drop me a message when you get back to school. Where do you usually fish up there? Have a good one, Chuck.

13. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey chuck, i'am from alexandria also. i do alot of fishing. seen you love to flathead hunt. i got a spot i'll take you to sometime if you want. give me a pm sometime, later on.