Lost my cool yesterday afternoon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Apr 20, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yesterday when I was fishing there were these two idiots who decided they would fish next to me(and cross my line more than once). Earlier before they had gotten there; there was a garter snake sunning itself on the rocks a few feet away I left him alone aqnd went about my business. Later when they had showed up they were just being a couple of idiots being really loud and so on. I like my solitude and quiet while fishing. Well I had seen the one idiot pick up a big rock and throw it at some thing about 20 ft from where they were fishing. One of them started yelling and acting a fool and they told me to come and look at this. I walked up to see that little garter snake smashed but still alive.:choler: Then I asked what the #### he was gonna do with it now. His answer was nothing Im gonna leave it there. Now my blood started boiling over. I proceeded to lash out at this uneducated moron with every obscenity in the book. I respect all gods creatures and greatly respect all snakes and other creepy crawlers. I picked up a big rock and threatened to smash him with it. Shortly after that they packed up and left but not without calling me a psycho and among other words as they pulled out. I had then taken the snake and finshed it off humainly with my fillet knife. I hadnt been that mad in a very long time. I just cant understand why people do such stupid things.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Too bad there isn't a season on idiots, we could sure thin them down!!!!

First off, I won't allow someone to fish that close to me if I was setting there first, (unless I am bait fishing). They would have gotten an earfull when they first showed up!!! END OF PROBLEM!!!

PS. You should have cooked the snake up and made them eat it!!!!

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i totally understand, especially with the quietness you were hopeing for while enjoying your day. i feel really bad for the snake too. its not like he was bothering them or anyone. it sounds like they need to mature and maybe admit themselves to anger management classes:cool2:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But I don't like seeing any animal tortured and killed just for the fun of it! Some people are just plain stupid! I am sorry you encountered this. Shameful people in this world!:sad2:

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I was thinkin more along the lines of cookin them up and feeding them to a snake at the time. It must have looked strange to these two guys that outwieghed me by about 40lbs each when this 5'9 Irish guy with a northen accent was cursing them out and about to throwdown with them.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I commute 140 miles a day. Losing my cool is an everyday occurence.
    I'm probally better known as the finger bandit.

7. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Thank you for caring for animals@! Snakes are God's creatures too. Better than some humans, I know.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Terry, Terry, Terry! Do ya really think they know what throw down means. LOL! Way to go Jersey boy! Wish I coulda been there.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    terry it happens every day , undoubtedly some one will p me off and push me to the boiling point , kinda sounds like we need anger management , the time of live and let live , turn the other cheek , do unto others crap has gone the time has changed and now its curse or be cursed , i blame the parents of these idiots for not discaplining their kids thats why we have shootings in schools if we didnt spare the rod there would be more respect towards our fellow man

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Terry I too would have been steamed over thier total disregaurd of your being there first ,but sorry I aint ginna defend no dang snake, I dont hate them but see no reason to NOT kill everyone I see.

11. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Its just total disrespect and lack of guidance from parents. I know when i was little i would have gotten a spanking for doing something like that.

12. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    The 3 nthings that tick me off the most are disrespect, laziness, and people that park outside a house and honk the horn. If you dont have enough respect for the person and are to lazy to knock, then drive off. Funny how they coincide. Ida slapped em silly. The lack of respect for another person dwindles more and more each day. What the nightly news, the proof's there.

Too bad you cant slap stupid,

Dru

13. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    Shoot, I woulda made them pick up the snake and finish it off themselves. Personally, I love snakes...heck I love critters of all kinds-cept mosquitoes and cockroaches. Not only did they disrespect you and your day of fishin' but they disrespected nature. Mother Nature has a way of gettin' back at people like that though. Their time's a comin'. :wink:

14. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I agree I hate snakes too, but when I kill them I try to do it quickly so no suffering takes place. I know I won't get any rep points for saying this but I have always said "The only good snake is a dead snake!!!) JMO

15. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know that snakes play a vital role in the food chain, but to me they are the devil!

16. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    That poor little snake wouldn't have done anything to anyone anyways!? They eat bugs for crying out loud!!!! I believe that you had every right and maybe the responsibility to "educate" those morons on what they had actually done! Congrats to you for actually "keeping your cool" I probably would have done alot worse.
    :eek:oooh:

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I understand people not Liking snakes. Just dont kill them when Im around. I wasnt to mad at these guys for setting up close but it was there atitude and behavior that set me off. I have had quite a bit of people come and fish that spot while I was there and they were polite enough to give me my space and usually only stay for a few minutes and leave. I dont mid you fishing by me but dont disrespect me and definately dont disrespect nature in my presence and we will get along just fine. JMHO

19. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I don't know what the law is is GA but in MO killing that snake would have been a game violation. Shouda turned 'em in! Snakes are very good to have around. Very beneficial.

20. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    hey man thanks for standin up for that snake,and for putting it out of its misery the right way. you might as well had tried a peice of cut snake for bait since it was already freshly killed. no sense in letting it goto waste:wink: