Lost my best fishin buddy ever....

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by catfishjohn, Oct 4, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just got a phone call this morning,My best buddy that I used to fish with all the time had passed on.He was only 48.He had moved a cpl years ago a few hours away but we'd still keep in touch.I have lots of GREAT memories with Chuck.He caught the biggest catfish I've ever saw in person(77.3lbs) and had taught me a lot of what I know about catfishing.I wish I'd got to go down and fish with him one more time...I'm gonna miss him!!!
    R.I.P. Chuck Rakes,I love you buddy!!!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend. Prayers are sent.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'm sorry to hear this John. My prayers sent out to you and Chuck's families. My condolences. I hate losing friends. I lost two this year (for stupid reasons, though) So I kinda know what u r goin through.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    WOW, John, I am so very sorry for your lost. You have my prayers and condolences.

5. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Prayers and condolences from Missouri.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    John, our best thoughts and prayers go out to Chucks family. I'm sure his life however short was in some way enriched by your friendship...

7. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    Prayers from Mississippi.

8. FWFeecherman

FWFeecherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear about your loss. May time heal the wounds quickly, and let the good memories come in fresh like they were yesterday. Tight lines and screamin clickers to ya!!

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John you have my condolences,know you're gonna miss him. I am so sorry!:sad2:

10. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    thoughts n prayers from tn brother

11. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    thoughts n prayers from kansas.hang in there.

12. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers from NC for you and Chuck's family.

I am so sorry for the loss you are suffering. Try to dwell on the great memories and the blessings of having Chuck as a friend.

No matter how much time we get to spend with someone we care about it will never seem like it was enough once they are gone. That is why its so important for everyone to let friends and loved ones know how they feel often.

Even if we can't see someone in person if we take a couple of minutes out of our self made too busy day to send a quick email, make a quick phone call, or mail a small note to say hello and ask how they are, etc. it can add so much to that person's life!

Live today like it is your last because we never know if it will be!

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from Ky

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You all for the thoughts and prayers.Chuck's Mom and sons are taking this extremely hard.Its not been quite 2 years since we buried his Wife.At least I know that Chuck and Barb are together once again and I'll someday be with them again.Not only was Chuck a best friend,He was like a Dad to me.You all don't understand how much the thoughts and Prayers mean to me and his family.
    THANK YOU ALL!!!

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Oh John, this news just saddens my heart. He was so young. I'm sure his death is quite a devastating loss for his family and friends. He must've been a special person to touch your heart as he obviously did; also, to teach you what he knew about catfishing. You'll always have those wonderful memories to look back upon. My sympathy to you, and to Chuck's family.....thoughts and prayers from NC during this trying time. :sad2:

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Prayers for you and Chucks family from Mid Tennessee.

17. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    prayers are sent my friend its hard but it gets better in time

18. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i really hate to hear that.it always sucks when someone close dies.keep his memory alive catchin them big hogs!!!

19. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    John Thats a Real Bummer. I also lost a very good friend just two weeks ago and the Hurt is Bigtime Sir. And like You I wish I had one more last time with them!!My Father always said You can count the number of TRUE Friends You will have in your lifetime on the fingers of one hand and thats not counting your thumb.God Bless You and Chuck and his Family! Prayers on the way from Iowa. Your Friend J.D.

20. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers out from Iowa , very sorry to hear the news .