Lost Lake in Colorado

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by BowieKnife357, May 28, 2009.

1. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Howdy. The last weekend in June I gotta make a trip to Crested Butte, thinking about fishing the Trout Creek/Lost Lake area while I'm up around those parts. Yall have any suggestions or information about that area? I doubt there's any catfishing, but I'm not ashamed to lob a fly from time to time. Kinda hard to find some info on the web at least for around there, so I thought I'd bug you guys and see what I could stir up. Any help is greatly appreciated. Yall have fun.

2. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have just been informed that their are about 30 lakes by that name, so let me elaborate a little more. I mean the one off Kebler Pass, just a touch west of Floresta. According to the map there is a little cluster of lakes just east of Trout Creek. Three, called Lost, Lost Lake Slough, and Dollar Lake. So.....anyone got any ideas?

3. Ducky

Ducky New Member

State:
    Colorado
    According to my Kip Carey fishing guide book Three Lakes Trail makes a 2 mile loop south of Lost Lake Slough to Dollar Lake and Lost Lake. Dollar Lake has poor fishing for brook to 10 inches and it somtimes winterkills. Northwest from Dollar Lake, Lost lake is good for 8 to 10 inch brook.

Take into account this book was published in 2001 so fish could have died off, or grown really big. So good luck and stay safe.

4. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the info. Every little bit helps. I'm not real trout savvy so I'll take anything I can get!