Lost Key!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Oct 11, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Took a trip out last night (Fri). Hey Dave I went up river around 9:30 and almost rode slow by the pier at Oz. and called your name, that would have been cool if you answered.

Back to my hardluck story. Last night after taking out around midnight from dg. boat ramp. I lost my key to my boat, being the genius I am (my only key) I went back this morning around 8:30am in hoped maybe someone layed it up on the pier or it was on the ground. It has an orange floatie thing so it wont sink key ring thingy. I dont know how long I will be out of commision. I dont know the key # and the motor is not original so I cant use the serial number. Thinking I have to get a new ignition switch.

As for the trip we had lots of bait stealers and a couple small fish, one 3lb flathead and an 8lb blue. Caught about a 10lb flathead in my cast net. The weather was nice and the adult beverages were cold. My nephew was home from college so I had a des. boat and truck driver, probably how I lost my key:confused2:

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah, the game warden ran us off the pier around 9pm....would have been there.:confused2:

3. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Bryant said he could have you back in the water at no time! give him a call.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You can get a new ignition switch from NAPA for about $25..00. I went to an Army Surplus store and bought one of the small ammo cans. Got my extra key, boat registration papers, etc. stored in it. Even if I sink, I have a chance of recovering this stuff. LOL.

5. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    George at Nauticle Marine is the man. I did not know the code for my key so he let me take home all the keys in the set and order the rest. The first batch did not work. The second day I returned them and picked up the new and presto, I have my key and I will be on the river tomorrow.
    Hope my boss did'nt see that (calling in sick). Will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the input.

keys total cost $3.00 plus tax

getting back on the river: priceless:smile2:

6. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Glad you got it fixed if you had too you could have changed the switch in 15 minutes Congrats that you got it fixed!