Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Countless lures, a new $150 rod/reel, cell phone, shirts/hats left behind, sunglasses, knives, line cutters. Probably other stuff I can't think of.
Tried to lose the wife several tims but she always finds her way home. Opps, now I'm in trouble...:confused2: :eek:oooh:

I've lost all the usual stuff that you guys have mentioned but the worse thing that I ever lost was a hand made fly holding wallet that my father made back in the 50's and gave to me shortly before he died. It was in my vest which I hung on a pole in the lot we were parked in while I removed my waders. Forgot the vest was there and drove off, :sad2: didn't know it was missing till the next time i went fishing. I always thought that I might get it back since my license was on the vest with my name and address on it. I would have mailed it back to some one if I found it and I'm sure most of you would have too.
On a more positive note I left my favorite knife sitting on a rock next to a stream I fish and it was still there three weeks later when I fished that stream again. I didn't know that's where I lost it till I found it. :big_smile:

Lost my truck keys one night while bank fishing. I had the kids with me and no cell phone. We stayed all night and after 3 hours of looking in the daylight I found them way down in the rocks.......got lucky ; )

-Jim-

I lost a brand new pair of "floating" needle nose pliers the first time I used them. I reached over the take a hook out, squeezed the handles and the pliers shot right out of the floating grips and into the water. :angry: I have lost a pedestal seat. Do not leave them lay on the back deck when you take off across the water. I lost a transducer last spring. I looked back to see what the banging noise was just in time to see it fly through the air 30 feet and into the water :sad2:. Add a couple hats and that is about it.

Funny you should post this now. I have no terminal tackle now after last weekend. I use a tackle bag with several flat boxes. I left my hook box on the side of my boat and drove home to find it m.i.a. Hundreds of dollars in circle hooks, j-hooks, sinker slides, swivels, stop-knots, etc, etc.
:angry:

Funny you should post this now. I have no terminal tackle now after last weekend. I use a tackle bag with several flat boxes. I left my hook box on the side of my boat and drove home to find it m.i.a. Hundreds of dollars in circle hooks, j-hooks, sinker slides, swivels, stop-knots, etc, etc.
:angry:
Ouch...... At least you lost it on the way home and not out there. Either way thats a bummer.

-Jim-

I once lost my truck. found it at the police inpound lot. they said they were sorry and told me no charge. they said new guy should have given ticket but went overboard. I learned later that a truck like mine with same color had been stolen and I believe thats why they towed mine but they wouldn't admit it.

danny

I have a tendency of leaving my Rod Holders behind. Have lost countless pliers, knives, forceps, flashlights, etc. I have been fortunate enough not to loose a rod reel but have come very close before.

ive lost knives, rods, holders, lead, line lures, hats, shades, women, sanity, fish, a job once, yup i lost ALOT of things fishing

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.