Lost items while fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kenlaw76, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Let's hear about some of the stuff you guys have lost over the years while out fishing. I just recently lost or misplaced my camera. I still have my wifes I can take but I would much rather have mine cause I know how to use it better. I am hoping that one of my toddlers picked it up and stashed it somewhere. And about 2 weeks ago I lost some rodholders that I had made that I had in a red folding chair bag. I loved those ones too.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    During the last year I've had two hats blow off and sink before I could get back to them. Also had half of a focal adjuster blow off the boat in a cigarette pack Saturday. :sad2: :wink:

BB in SC

3. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't know how many filet knives that stayed at the lake when I left.:confused2:

4. :eek:oooh:There has been a red folding chair bag laying next to the ramp at Hawe's Ave. the past few days. I never looked in it. I'll check it next time I am there.......

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I lost my Bass Pro Shops trucker hat last night!

I have also lost a $200 G-Loomis rod, headlamps, and rod holders too!

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I lost my MIND Fishing,,,, Gota Fish,,, Gota Fish

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Lost several cheap rod and reels..a cast net..couple hats..left minner bucket tied to the dock..coam ice chest lids blown away..car keys..im sure theres more that i dont remember lol:eek:oooh:

8. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    I am on my third camera.....but i keep breaking them, i swear sometimes i am out on the water and loosing my mind:crazy:......the thing that drives me nuts is loosing fish:smile2:. I have donated a few setups while fishing in the ocean, the loss that probably ranks up there as #1 would probably be the car keys that went overboard while salmon fishing......we use to fish the Black river in dexter New York in october each year probably for about 10 years or so. We launched the boat and my buddy set the keys on top of the net......hook a fish up and go to net it and watched in horror as the keys flew through the air and into the depths.....they dont call it the black river for nothing.

9. Lost:

Minnow bucket
    Few lighters
    Towel
    Hat
    3 rods and reels that rocket launched themselves:angry:
    Various tiny boat parts while fixing, like those prop shear pins:confused2:
    Kids have dropped a toy or two in while playing
    Of course that favorite bass lure with the perfect pattern on it that I can't find anywhere else:sad2:
    2 Anchors:embarassed:
    Pride!:angry:
    Skunk!:big_smile:

Found:

At the swim area, 2 20's and a 10, a few pieces of jewlry and golf balls
    Bobbers
    Toy wagons
    Mutiple basketballs, baseballs
    A 60's model Chevy truck(in the water, been there for years):eek:oooh:
    A early 90's Ford p/u abandoned, hanging on a ridge next to the river(showed up ths spring, waiting for it to roll into the drink)
    1 Anchor
    Pride!:roll_eyes:
    Skunk!:embarassed:

10. NOT THE TRUCKER HAT!:angry:

We'll get ya a nice carp hat buddy.:wink:

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

LOST-2 landing nets,! stolen from roof of truck.Oh, also my SANITY!:crazy:

12. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I lost a pole last year luckily it was a $30 walmart special. lost a net on the way home that flew out of the boat but thats about it.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We've lost 2 anchors so far this year...:sad2:
    I also lost a nice pair of shades while leaning over the boat to grab a fish...I'm still pi$$ed about those...:angry:
    Tons of line, hooks & sinkers also this year and a few nice fish.:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    lost a tackle box, (that sucked big time), anchors, life jackets, coats, shirts( blowing out of the boat while running) couple cell phones. But i've also found some stuff over the years, too. not sure if I'm ahead or even or behind far as lost and found.

Have found anchors, fishing rods, nets, coolers, chairs, life jackets, hats, a wallet. I guess it equals out, but loosing 20 years worth of fishing tackle in the tackle box was hard to get over.

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i've been pretty lucky and the only major thing i've lost was a cell phone and then i found it an hour later in the water so that was trashed:confused2: other than that just lots of hooks and weights oh yea and a nice rapala digital scale:smile2: (i'll be gettin that back soon):wink:

16. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I have'nt lost anything at the lake but I have found a few things.2 rod holders,a 5 1/2 ft ugly stik, a pair of binoculars, & endless hooks & lures.

17. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    3 rod and reels
    2 minnow traps (one fell in and another stolen)
    sunglasses
    pliers
    a box full of lures
    and a spinning reel handle

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    sunglasses
    pliers
    mag lite
    rod and reel

19. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lost an Isuzu pick up at Truman a few years back and the picture hung in the bait shop with the title "Japanese Bass Boat". I think that still holds the top spot in my "wish I could forget" moments in fishing:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and remember the emergency brake is there for a purpose!!!

20. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    rod and reels, rod holders, bait buckets. boat plug lol