Lost Iowa record shovenose

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Dec 20, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    THREE YEARS AGO WHEN I GOT MY FIRST BOAT AND BEFORE I REALY NEW OR CARED ABOUT REGISTERING A RECORD FISH MY LITTLE BROTHER TIED INTO THIS 12-1/2 LB SHOVENOSE STURGEON WITH A$20.00 TIGER COMBO FROM WALLMART.HE ISNT THAT BIG AND HE FOUGHT THIS FISH FOR 15-20 MINUTES ALL OVER THE BOAT AND ALLTHE WHILE I WAS GIVING HIM THE BLUES ABOUT GETTING IT UP SO I COULD NET IT FER HIM AND I WILL NOT REPEAT WHAT HE HAD TO SAY TO ME DURING THIS ORDEAL DUE TO RULES BUT IT WAS ALOT OF BROTHERLY LOVE AT ITS FINEST.WE DID NOT MEASURE IT BUT WEIGHED IT AND IT WAS A RECORD.....DO WE CARE "NO" WE WAS THERE AND WE KNOW ! HE IS A MEMBER BUT HIS PUTER IS DOWN AND I HAVE THE ONLY PIC THAT I HANG GRACIOUSLY ON MY WALL IN MY GARAGE ...SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT.THIS FISH MADE US REALIZE WE NEED BETTER EQUIPTMENT AND SINCE THEN WE HAVE REACHED THE 25LB CLUB IN SEARCH OF BIGGER AND HOPEFULLY NOW WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BRING A MONSTER IN NO MATTER WHAT IT IS

Attached Files:

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ryang thanks,I wish we was filming it cause it was like Laural and Hardy take the Missippi:big_smile_2:

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds to me like a great time....

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    which one are you? Laurel or Hardy. Later Andy