Lost friends

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Dec 25, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im sitting here reading threads of lost freinds this christmas night while thinking of one of my own who passed on friday night or saturday morning he was 27 years old and a good freind , he had worked for me a while back i taught him how to paint . but couldnt calm him down he was a partier and liked to drink and do drugs and the thing he liked most took his life he od'd what a loss he could have been alot more and done alot better if he had not got into drugs let alone alcohol .

to all you people young and old please if you do either of the above seek help its not healthy to over endulge in drugs and alcohol i know iv seen it first hand

be careful every day and remember new years is coming , on that day think back to this thread and how you will be missed if you push your luck as my freind did

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Chuck, its very hard to reply to a post like this,but i just wanted you to know that your in my thoughts, iam truly sorry that your friend choose the path that he did. Hang in there brother.

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Sorry to hear that about your friend.

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Im so sorry about the loss of your friend, brother. This is a bad time of the year for it to happen.smokey

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My condolences to you,and thank you very much for caring enough to post this very meaningful post. It is worth more than all the "Gold at Fort Knox" Drugs and Booze are a bad combination and it's a message all our young people need to hear!:sad2:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I've also lost a few people who where close to me over the years because of drug use! It really sucks! They fall into the grasp of these drugs and slowly slip away till they are gone! So very sad! I'm not one to preach as I like to tip a few beers but the drugs thing is real bad. Heroin, Cocaine, Crack, Meth, etc. once you get yourself involved with these substances you are heading for BIG trouble!

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    its not just the ilegal drugs that take lives , as in my freinds case it was prescription drugs painkillers , downers , relaxers any drug used the wrong way or abused can and will effect you in a bad way , adhere the warnings we want to be around to tell more fish stories when we get old

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Charles,
    I so sorry to hear about any lost of a friend. :sad_2a:

You know that I understand, because I find myself thinking about Phil (Deltalover) Gaines each and everyday.
    That's why the up & coming Gathering that that Ray (Bayrunner Ray) is trying to put together in March of 2007 at the California Delta will mean so much to me.
    But I don't want to turn this into that, I guest that I'm just trying to say that I fill your pain Brother.
    (Just hang in there Buddy)
    :too_sad:

You Take Care Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sorry for your loss brother.
    Bill

10. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Charles, I cant find the words to say and I know its nothin I can say to make you feel better, but lettin you know Im thinkin of you, Buddy.

Wishin you a Happy New Year!!

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    charles sorry to hear of your loss in the holiday season. i also have friends that i grew up with that abuse prescription drugs. mostly pain killers.

12. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry for your loss.Prayer sent from Missouri.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about your loss brother.

14. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Charles, thanks for sharing this story. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
    I too have seen first hand what drugs and alcohol can do to a person having lost a good friend to the same situation. I hope anyone in this situation does seek help. Theres too many things in life that are too valuable to loose especially ones life.

15. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Thank you for this powerful post Charles.

_

16. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Charles,
    Its happing everywhere.
    Sorry about your loss.

Here is an old motto I like.

"Get Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs"
    Take a kid fishing.

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know what you are going through Charles. My best friend shot himself about 10 years ago right before christmas. He was addicted to cocaine, and went schitzophrenic, tried to kill his girlfriend's baby, and killed himself. The thing that was wierd was, I didn't even know what was going on 'till it was too late. We all were partying back then, but I didn't know to what extent he was into it. I've been sober (well I drink very moderatly) ever since. Hang in there, and don't get too down about it. I'm always thankful that I didn't become an addict, and still have the rest of my life to enjoy.

18. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Charles I to have saw what drugs can do to a family mine prayers sent for you and your friends family

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks every body for your thoughts and prayers for my freinds family . i mostly started this thread to remind all my freinds that new years is coming and to be careful what yall do i dont want to lose any more freinds . i hope eveyone is safe .