Lost Dad This Morning

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by FishMan, Jun 14, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Some of you might remember my post earlier this year about my dad. He has been under Hospic care and passed this day peacfully and in no destress or pain.

Charles Alford Coates

Veteran of world war two, he was proud to be a Marine. After the war he earned a master's degree from Indiana University and spent 27 years as an educator in Princeton Indiana. He taught sunday school after that for about 20 years. He loved to fish and always keep a camper here in Tennessee. He moved here full time about 20 years ago to retire close to the river he liked most, The Cumberland.

This man was my step father but the man I most admire, He helped me learn the things in life that are important and the things a man need to learn to be able to have a happy life. My birth father didn't have time for this when I was young and I grew up feeling he failed me however Charles helped me forgive my real father and taught me that we all fall short somewhere in our life.

In my book Charles was a great man and I am proud to have had him in my life. I hope I may live the rest of my days caring about my fellow man as much as he did and I hope all my BOC brothers and sisters all have their very own Charles in their life.

Danny

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry to hear of your loss,Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for posting that, I will be loseing my dad in the not to distant future, it's something we must all go thru.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I am saddened by your loss, bro! You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers!

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    sorry for your loss, he sounded like a very good man,

you and your family will have my thoughts and prayers

6. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like a real good man. Something not too common it seems anymore. But, I'm sure you'll see him again someday. Best wishes to you and your family.

-Red

7. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My condolences. Sounds like He led a full life and enfluenced alot of people. I'm sure his memory will live on in the thousands of lives he touched as a teacher. We loose another of America's Greatest Generation. In my prayers'
    Jeff

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Danny, Sorry to here about your loss sounded like a good man. Are thoughts and prayers are with you. 777

9. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Sorry to hear of your loss you and your family will be in our prayers.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Danny sorry to hear of your loss.
    Pete

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Vary sorry to hear of your loss.

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Condolences on your loss, Danny. He sounded like a wonderful man, and it is evident that he greatly influenced your life in a very positive way. His teachings & goodness will live on in you.

13. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Im gutted for you Danny, my thoughts are with you

14. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    prayers go out to you and your family Danny. if you need us just let us know.

15. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Danny, your words were simple and poignant, and brought tears to my eyes. I think Charles was glad to have you in his life, as well. You and your family will be in my thoughts during this time.

16. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    So sorry to read of the passing of your father. The family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sorry for your loss Danny. We will have a good thought for you and yours.

18. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Sorry to hear of your lose Danny. I pray that in time your pain will all be replaced with only wonderful memories of this great man.

Hang in there brother.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Sorry about your loss Danny.

20. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Danny,
    While I am sorry for the pain you are going through at the loss of your dad I am also happy for you. What a blessing to have someone in your life like him! Any fertile man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad. Sounds like Charles was extra special!
    Only time can heal the pain of the emptiness you feel right now but remember, the body is only a vessel, the soul lives on. So when you feel the gentle breeze touch your shoulder in a different way, think you hear his voice quietly talking to you, feel like someone is walking along with you but you see no one, your dad is there with you.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.