Lost Both Rigs

Discussion in 'Boating' started by ryang, May 28, 2006.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I was out fishing today this guy saw me cast one rig with one of AKWOLF bobbers and one on the bottom, he came right over both of them and took both rigs I was able to cut them before my poles went with him. I can only hope that it wrapped so tight around his prop shaft to seize the motor. Why are people so rude all he had to do is ask but he came within 10ft of where I was fishing.

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Once again, wrist-rocket and ball bearings.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Exactly why ya don't and never will see me on the water on weekends. Especially holiday weekends. Besides I don't look good in an orange jump suit. LOL! Excellant choice Rusty!

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    George I really couldnt help it was a family outing at one of the major lakes, I didnt get mad didnt even mention that he was taking my rigs lol, not a big deal just rude people think they own the world.

5. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    10 ft is close enough to buy / throw him a beer. Hard. Or follow RIP's advice.

Let's hope he's still paddling back to the ramp after the mono wore out the seal!

6. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Bal bearings are good but you get more range and velocity with cheap marbles.

SE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

7. Old Dan

Old Dan New Member

State:
    Newburg, Missouri
    Sounds like a good attention getter to me.
    :lol:

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I know how you feel, My wife and I were out the same day and had one of those #@%$offs pass by us within 15 yards at full speed. They are not in short supply and unfortunatly can be found just about anywhere on the weekends.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks Gary, some people just never understand.

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    My Friend Has A Boat Rental Buisness At The Lake Where I Fish, Needless To Say He Has A Dock:tounge_out: , But When His Customers Are Trying To Board The Boats Or The Little Kids Are Trying To Fish, These Rude SOB's Deliberately Wake Them Or Cut Off Their Lines.

Now What Really Pisses Me Off More Than Anything About This Ongoing Problem Is that It Makes It A Unpleaseant Experience For The Kids. if They Never Feel Like Going Again, Then We Have Lost Our Future Sportsmen/Women.

Since Firing Marbles & Ball Bearings @ Them Is Illegal, I Have Come Up With A Solution Which @ Least Makes Me Feel Better And Sometimes Even The Kids Get a Chuckle Out Of It.

I Take One Of My Big Ocean R/R Rigs Equipped With MONEL Wire And Cast It Out With A Jug One The End. Then I Set The Drag Very Lightly, When They Come By The Wire Wraps Up In The Prop.:big_smile: :big_smile: . I Take Wire Cutters And Nip The Line Off At My Reel. I'd Take a video If It Wouldn't Incriminate Me :cool2: , Elliot

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    That will teach em!

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Elliot, now that is funny. Baiting the boaters, hehehe.

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I did not know that it was illegal to fish like this.You do put a hook on it don;t you?peewee

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    No, Pee-Wee, No Hooks. Now To Make Things Even Better, My Buddy @ The Bait Shop Loves To Hear When I Do This, So He Supplies Me All The Wire Line I Can Use !!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: ,Elliot

15. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    This also sounds like a new up and coming style of sportfishing. I hope more people start this type of "fishing"

16. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    hey, maby we could hold a touriment to see who got the biggest Bite!!

17. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    that could be a b@$$ boat turney:lol:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I can just hear it now, LOL!!!

I guy walks up and asks you there "Proverbial Question"!!!
    "What are you fishing for?
    and You say, "BOATS"
    The look on his face will be Priceless, LOL!!!

19. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hey there is the intercoastalwaterway abt 2 mi from here that has some large boats runnin on plane in spite of whoever.:angry:
    JUST a thought, I would never consider it:lol:

20. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well great now I have to go buy another rod and reel. I'll call it my Big Bass......Boat rig. I like it. LOL