Lost and Found??

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Help, in the last two weeks I have lost all my shad spots???? I finally after going to the 4th spot and 2 hrs later was able to get 5 shad ( nice ones though) with about 60 throws for the effort.( at that spot but about 200 throws on the day) , what a waste, Im sore as can be and with only barely enough bait for me to head out tomorrow and maybe 1 more trip after that.

Soooo, has anyone figured out where the dern shad went?? I fished deep, fast, mud bottom, gravel bottomed and there wasnt anything to be found, not even bluegills, crappies or baby shad??????

Anyone else loose the shad lately?? or better yet, anyone found them since the last cold blast?

Salmonid

2. teamclose

teamclose Guest

was on the ohio last fri...caught 50 or so in one throw from a tile and later in the day filled the tank in a few throws in a shallow creek mouth. this probably doesnt help you, but i m still finding them in normal areas. they can be a tricky fish sometimes!

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    look for warm water , maybe a spot heated by the sun , their still there you you just have to think like them

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I went to the Muskingum on Friday to get some shad at Ellis dam. Usually is a good place. After an hour of throwing my net I gave up.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    They are headin for the Keys for the winter. LOL!

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mark you have to remember, we have the most "shad-less" river system in the state.....or maybe even the country!:sad2: i was just thinking last night about where i could take a road trip to within an hours drive to load up on some shad right now. Ceasars spillway? St.Marys? Acton? C.J.? WWD's?........?