Lost a rod and reel yesterday

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Mac-b, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I had a party of two fishing with me yesterday and we were on some 7 to 10 pound blues. The action was steady and then we had a double. I was directing one person on the left rear side of the boat where to bring his fish in and then looked over to the right rear side of the boat and the other fellow raised his rod up and lifted another rig out of the rod holder. Into the drink goes the rod and reel. I did not panic, I just reached over to my Llowarnce and hit the Way Point button twice, made a wide turn and as we were getting the two fish in followed my WPT position until we went over the area marked and snagged the fishing line of my rod and reel and brought it back in. My party could not believe that my equipment could lead me to the exact location (more or less) where the rod was located. Alls well that ends well. Mac

2. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Mac you are the man if I'd been in your place I would have prob needed to get some scuba gear lol:smile2:

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    There's lucky, and then, there's good. When the gods smile, the lines cross.:smile2:

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Todays Tech. is amazing !!! :cool2:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Gotta love the "man-overboard" function - H'bird has very similar functionality:wink:

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Come over to Missouri, Mac - I've got a very nice Catfish Safari rod and an Abu 7000C3 on the bottom of the Osage River below Truman Dam that I'd like to have back.. (it was set free courtesy of my father-in-law last year...:roll_eyes:)

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Mac for sharing a neat story. You have to love this new Technology. Glad you were successful with the recovery.

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Way to go bro! Keep a cool head and most stuff will turn out ok. It is nice to have that kind of technology and your fingertips.

9. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great story. Only thing that would have made the story better is if a big ol' hawg would have been on the line when you retrieved it from the water! Wish I could have done a few years back when my cell phone went slpping out of my shirt pocket when I reached over to pull the drift sock in - I instead played Taps and knew the only way I would see it again was if a big cat swallowed it and I just happened to catch that cat!

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep, gotta love that one. glad to hear ya got it back. bet ya impressed the group.:wink:

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Mac, I lost one on Milford Lake last year and done the same thing but never snagged the line. That fish just kept going for parts unknown with a custom meat hunter rod and a new 6600 C4 in tow:smile2:.

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Triple Seven, several years ago I took a striper guide from Tenn. cattin' and he let a large cat pull the rod out of this hand. We had a lite drizzle and the butt of the rod had a little slime on it and the next thing he knew the fish pulled it right out of his hands. He paid me retail for the rod and reel, told me he would never live down the fact that a catfish did that to him.

PS, three of his buddies were on the boat, I think that is what embarassed him the most.