Lost a friend today

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by rebelzgrl76, May 11, 2007.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    My sister-in-law called me this afternoon and told me some very bad news. A man that we have known for years shot himself in the head and died over a dispute with his girlfriend. At this time, that is all that I am aware of and the story may be added too or changed as information comes in. All I know is that a mother and father are facing their worst nightmare and a brother...has lost a brother. I cant imagine how this mothers day will be forever changed to his Mom now. Please pray for this family as well as friends. He was an organ donor so some good will come out of this.
    My heart is aching trying to reason with his decision to something so aweful as to take his own life. This was a man that had everything going for him, or so it seemed. He was an EMT and one that had been there in my trying times with my family as well as in church beside me. The more I think about it, the more I see that its starting to tear at me. I'll leave it alone and please ask that you all just pray, please.

2. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    amy my thoughts and prayers are with your family and his

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thoughts and prayers from Southwest Missouri.

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Amy, I'm sorry to hear this. Guess I really don't know what to say...

-Red

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers are sent from NC for all affected by this tragedy Amy.

6. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thoughts and prayers are going up from Missouri. I'm sorry for your loss, Reb. I can never understand the senseless act of suicide. Nothing is worth that. May God bless you, the family, and friends.

Bob

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    nothing i can say or do will make this hurt go away.rest assured i will pray for you and his family.feeling for you girl.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I'm VERY Sorry to hear the new's about Your Friend Amy. Sometimes things happen that just don't make No sense God Bless You and His Family. Prayers on the way from this Old Iowa Boy. J.D.

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    amy, hun, i am so sorry to have heard of this tragedy. we never really know someone elses pain til we witness it ourselves. appearances can be so deciving sometimes. it is awful that he was so young and had such a good start in life only to cut it so short. if i were close enough, i would wrap my arms around ya and lend ya a shoulder to cry on but im not there and able to do that right now. you have my phone# tho i am willing to listen anytime you need me all you have to do is call or pm me if im online that you need to get ahold of me. rest assured our prayers are with you and his family and friends adn anyone else who is affected by this. wish i could do more cause my heart aches for you and his loved ones right now sis. our prayers are goin up as we speak. luv ya sis.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Amy our prayers our with you and all those affected.

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Amy, I'm so sorry to hear of this sad news. I will definately keep you and your family in my prayers.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for all involved, that is very sad.

13. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Amy, truly sorry to hear of the loss of your friend prayers sent from here

14. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Little Sis,
    It's with a heavy heart that I read this. When our friends hurt, we hurt.
    I'm praying that GOD will grant you the peace in your heart so you can deal with this and go on. I'm praying that the family of this man do not focus on this tragedy but remember the good times they had with him.
    May GOD bless all concerned and remember, Amy,
    Our GOD is an AWESOME GOD!!!

15. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    its such a permanent solution for such a temporary problem. praying for you & his family.

16. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers sent from NC

17. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Prayers from us. God Bless.
    Bill

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Amy thoughts and prayers go out to you and this family.

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dear Amy,

I am so sorry.... big hugs to you. Praying for you and for his family, trusting that God will heal your hearts and give you all His comfort.
    No matter what, the Lord is good and He is able.

With love,
    Carolyn

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Amy... I was also saddened to hear this news. I'll be praying for strength and peace of mind for his family, friends, and anyone close to the situation. I can see that you've definitely been affected by his death, and if you need me I'm here. Some things we just have to accept, but may never be able to understand them. Easier said than done, however. Call if you want to talk sis, I love you :smile2:.