Lost a big one tonight

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by flathunter, Jun 18, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys I was sick for awhile, I had my bigcat rod double over and hooked a huge fish, I was using a shad head..Now I have caught a 50-lb flathead, but it did not compare to the power of this fish, If I was in open water I could have landed him but after a 5minute battle he ran me into a big tree in the water and broke me off:sad2:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I've done that before with big Blue Cats. I'm sorry to hear you lost a big one, it really does feel pretty bad.

3. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Man that sucks. I've wanted to cry quite a few times myself.

4. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Get em next time. Makes you want to go to 200LB test super braid doesnt it?

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

yeah its kinda tough losing a big fish, as a tear rolls down my cheek for ya, now where did you say you were fishing at lol

6. snagger93

snagger93 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know how ya feel about 2 hours ago i went fishing on the rock river I had a 50+ fish probaly a carp and he did the same

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    IM THERE DUDE!:roll_eyes:

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Did Mellon grab your line or what? I can't believe you waited all year to hook a big fish, And you could'nt get him in.

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Sorry to hear that Jack. But at least you know the part of the river Shes using. She'll be back.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jack that sucks brother, was nice meeting you guys tonight.

I think Mellon probably rigged your line???

11. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Jack;
    I guess if we didn't loose one now and then it couldn't rightfully be called fishing.
    Having said that, I too, am familar with that punched in the gut, kicked in the Ba**s feeling when something like this happens.
    But I honestly believe that you will be back! And when you go back you will be even better prepared; better tackle; fresh new line/new stronger/sharper hooks, better mindset; you now have more experience with this "fish" than most have and that just has to work to your advantage!
    You will also have a "knock-down drag-out" gritty determination that will not fail you when you "hook-up" again!
    I am sure of this because your a member of the BEST;BOC.
    Just please try and make sure I get to see a photo when you win the battle! :big_smile:
    Cordially;
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]

12. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Is this a case of Mellonitis, if it is I here that there is no cure... poor Jack he was a good catfisherman til he caught Mellonitis! I hope that you can get ahold of that beast again

Aaron

TA2D

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I PM'd ya pal.

The rest of the story:

What the heck Jack, let's tell them: He actually lost 3 fish, that all 3 broke 30# Big Game line. He est the other 2 to possibly be 40#'s.

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The fish did not actually break me off, it was the wood junk they ran me into.

15. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Sounds like a heartbreaker for sure. Sorry you didn't get it.