Lost 10 Pounds In One Night!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    It is HOT! HOT! FREAKIN HOT MAN!!!

All you guys are feeling the same misery. However, I braved the heat tonight and had a miserable, but good time fishing. <lol> if that makes any sense. I went through two soaking wet shirts and towel while fishing tonight near Blue Springs Dam. I was ready to go in 30 minutes, but the bites were so good that I stayed four hours. It was absolute horrible comfort wise, but so much fun catching a lot of fish tonight. There were no cats, but the White Bass and Hybrid Bass or Wipers as some call them were in full force gobbling up my cut shad and shrimp. Biggest Hybrid was around seven pounds, but most were just legal size. I kept all the white bass and one hybrid. Gonna have a good supper tomorrow night :smile2:

I would love to go fishing again, but screw that!!! I had such a heat headache when I got back home and I think I will wait a couple of days or so.

2. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    You can tell it when it's after dark. Still with a head index hovering 100 degrees due to having 100% humidity. It did not cool down much at all tonight. <lol> however you are right. As long as I am catchin, I am stayin:smile2:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had given some serious thought to making a rare nite run last nite, but the skeeters almost carried me off the patio and I just knew what it would be like on the river, so I ended up enjoying the AC and my remote control.:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and carry plenty drinking water!!!

4. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Man I know what you mean.Went out the other night and got the truck stuck right out og the gate.Ended up having to walk alot futher then I wanted to and man was it hummid sweatin like a dog.We did catch alot of good fish though so it was worth it.

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice work don, hopefully the rain they are predicting for thursday will cool us off a bit.

6. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Tonight I am going to just enjoy the AC. I have my first six month check up from my knee replacement that I have to go for today at TMC. Thats the only thing I am getting out for today. I am going to eat some fish from last night and the only fishing that will be done is watching Don Sweet from Catfishing America catch'em <lol>. I have a couple of catfishing america dvd's that should be showing up today from ..................com:big_smile: One of the dvds has him fishing with John Jamison in Waverly MO so I am looking forward to seeing that. I have never got to see the show so I ordered a couple of dvds.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    During this heat wave the best fishing spots is under the air conditioner posting and reading the BOC.:wink:

8. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Blade were u out on the rocks or fishing from a boat, when i go down there i fish from the rocks u can see my spot on the rocks i made a rock fire pit. Thinking about goin out tonight and braving the heat and fish down under the chouteau bridge. its a hell of a hike from riverfront park. Did You See Many police up at blue springs lake this time?

9. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Monday Night, Tuesday morning, I spent the night at Jacomo.
    It was hot all night, not one catfish. I started at 9 pm Monday night.
    At 9am Tuesday morning I left. I think I lost 10lb to.
    At 5am I started bass fishing, got two and let them go.
    For cats I was using cut shad, gills, and shrimp.
    I should have gone to Blue Springs Lake; I could have
    used the outboard motor, and cooled off running up and down the lake.
    My shirt did not dry out till 6am.:eek:oooh:

Still had fun, it was the first time I really fished hard this year.
    Don I glad your leg, is doing good, I have my check up next month, for
    the back surgery I had. :wink:

10. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> hey Misery Mike that was a nice rock fire pit you made. I would have used it, but it was to damn hot. I was fishing from bank in front of it and used your fire pit as a stand for my lantern:big_smile: If you went out tonight I hope you are keeping safe and dry. We are having one heck of storm roll by on this side of Independence and it looks worse to the north. After it moves out I may just head out and go fishing. It's cooled of big time since the storms came by.

My knee is doing well and you keep on getting your back in shape. Sorry you didn't get any cats being out all night braving the heat.

I got to watch the Catfishing America dvd's this evening and they were great. I hope that show will come back on as I will surely upgrade my cable service just to watch that show. Well, I beleive I am going to take another look outside and will probably think about getting out for a couple of hours. After watching those dvds got me a little pumped up to go anyway. Now with a cool enough evening I am getting pumped even more.

11. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Whatever you do don't let the mosquitoes carry you away!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:!!

12. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> I don't want to be carried away by them critters. It's still raining and I am itching to go out. Guess it won't happen tonight, but I wasn't originally planning on it anyway. Just having a break from the heat and getting out would be nice.