loss of my best friend herbie

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinger66, Jul 14, 2009.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    guys it kills me to say but my baby boy herbie my boston bulldog had a heart attack sunday and passed . he was playing with his basketball so i know he was happy . he has been through the mill with me the past years and really the past few months some of you know what i am talking about but he was always there in silance to support me with just the look in his eyes . he was every bit as much my child as my daughter . loseing my parents was bad and not the same but it was close to it they didnt depend on me . just remember they are never just pets they most times are someones baby . all i can say was at least he was happy ! just remember they dont ask to be here but they never do anything but love us ! just stop and think when you see a stray or an ad for puppies for sale the love you can get from them is something that cant be matched or understood.

2. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    I'm sorry to hear this derric! I agree that dogs are more like family then pets. :sad2:

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello Derric,

I understand, buddy, I have one , her name is Missy, and she and I have been thru a lot together,she is always right there, like Herbie,

Missy is getting old now, she is deaf, haveing trouble getting up, I use to take her every where I went, when she started have trouble getting in the truck I got a small step ladder and she would use it, but she cant do that any longer,

Maybe it is best that Herbie went with a heart attack, that way you didnt have to see him suffer, there is no way that I could ever have Missy put to sleep. I am not man enough for something like that.

God Bless you and Herbie

cliff

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Man I feel for you, I know what its like I lost mine on April 1st this year and it still hurts when I go out back and he's not there.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry bout herbie derric i will remember him as he was at picwick.b says sorry also.stiff upper lip and all that big guy we feel for you.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry about your loss, they are like family.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :sad2:I got tears in my eyes Brother,I'm only too famaliar with that type of pain. Take Care:sad2: Sister Pat

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    So very sorry to hear this. I know how you feel; I lost one of my buddies in January; still hurts. Hang in there, man.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Know too much how you feel.Lost my girl April 11th a yr ago.Still miss her a lot.Have one that showed up at our door almost a month ago. Didn't really want another dog [but]didn't have the heart to send her away.Now she is my shadow.Now I wouldn't part with her.It gets better in time but you'll never forget your buddy.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Derric I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I can feel your pain and sorrow. Pets become a member of the family and it always hurts to see them go. Be thankful for the good times you spent together.

11. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Sorry to hear about your baby. I've had to put 3 down in my life and it never gets any easier. Like you said, he was having a good time when it happened, that's more than a lot of them get. Plus he had a good daddy who loved him. Just remember all your good times and know you will see him again one day.

12. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    sorry for your loss

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry for your loss bro. I still haven't gotten over mine.

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I may have posted this quote before, & if so, forgive me. It's one of the best ones I've heard to describe our feelings for our furry family.
    "The misery in keeping a dog is his dying too soon. But,to be sure, if he lived to be 50 & then died, what would become of me?"

15. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    derric i feel your sorrow and loss...
    i have a boston terrier and when she goes i will keep her memories until we are reunited...
    if it is a given that god is merciful then he will let us be with them again.
    bitty & lee
    time does not heal all wounds but a puppy sure helps...maybe even keep the same name...i hope this helps you through your grief.:embarassed: