loss of my best friend herbie

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinger66, Jul 14, 2009.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    guys it kills me to say but my baby boy herbie my boston bulldog had a heart attack sunday and passed . he was playing with his basketball so i know he was happy . he has been through the mill with me the past years and really the past few months some of you know what i am talking about but he was always there in silance to support me with just the look in his eyes . he was every bit as much my child as my daughter . loseing my parents was bad and not the same but it was close to it they didnt depend on me . just remember they are never just pets they most times are someones baby . all i can say was at least he was happy ! just remember they dont ask to be here but they never do anything but love us ! just stop and think when you see a stray or an ad for puppies for sale the love you can get from them is something that cant be matched or understood.

2. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    I'm sorry to hear this derric! I agree that dogs are more like family then pets. :sad2:

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello Derric,

I understand, buddy, I have one , her name is Missy, and she and I have been thru a lot together,she is always right there, like Herbie,

Missy is getting old now, she is deaf, haveing trouble getting up, I use to take her every where I went, when she started have trouble getting in the truck I got a small step ladder and she would use it, but she cant do that any longer,

Maybe it is best that Herbie went with a heart attack, that way you didnt have to see him suffer, there is no way that I could ever have Missy put to sleep. I am not man enough for something like that.

God Bless you and Herbie

cliff

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Man I feel for you, I know what its like I lost mine on April 1st this year and it still hurts when I go out back and he's not there.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry bout herbie derric i will remember him as he was at picwick.b says sorry also.stiff upper lip and all that big guy we feel for you.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry about your loss, they are like family.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :sad2:I got tears in my eyes Brother,I'm only too famaliar with that type of pain. Take Care:sad2: Sister Pat

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    So very sorry to hear this. I know how you feel; I lost one of my buddies in January; still hurts. Hang in there, man.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Know too much how you feel.Lost my girl April 11th a yr ago.Still miss her a lot.Have one that showed up at our door almost a month ago. Didn't really want another dog [but]didn't have the heart to send her away.Now she is my shadow.Now I wouldn't part with her.It gets better in time but you'll never forget your buddy.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Derric I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I can feel your pain and sorrow. Pets become a member of the family and it always hurts to see them go. Be thankful for the good times you spent together.

11. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Sorry to hear about your baby. I've had to put 3 down in my life and it never gets any easier. Like you said, he was having a good time when it happened, that's more than a lot of them get. Plus he had a good daddy who loved him. Just remember all your good times and know you will see him again one day.

12. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    sorry for your loss

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry for your loss bro. I still haven't gotten over mine.

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I may have posted this quote before, & if so, forgive me. It's one of the best ones I've heard to describe our feelings for our furry family.
    "The misery in keeping a dog is his dying too soon. But,to be sure, if he lived to be 50 & then died, what would become of me?"

15. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    derric i feel your sorrow and loss...
    i have a boston terrier and when she goes i will keep her memories until we are reunited...
    if it is a given that god is merciful then he will let us be with them again.
    bitty & lee
    time does not heal all wounds but a puppy sure helps...maybe even keep the same name...i hope this helps you through your grief.:embarassed: