Loss of an Icon

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Jun 25, 2009.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I share in the same shock as the rest of the world about the lost of an Icon in Michael Jackson. I grew up listening to his music just like everyone else in my age range from the 70's on to now from his Motown days on upward. Despite what many think about him, there is no doubt that he was the greatest entertainer of my lifetime and one of the greatest in the world if not the greatest. I been listening to KJLH radio station which is based in Inglewood, Ca and is just listening to many of his hits that he made. This is nothing but another reminder that life is short, and that we should live it to the fullest, as we never know when heaven may call us to come on home.

I remember going to elementary school in Compton and how everybody and I mean everybody imitated Micheal from the moon walk to his dance style. How we all loved his music and would sing the songs all the time. Truly a special man. RIP Michael Jackson, may you be touched by an angel and entertain those up above that we miss so much.

B

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    one of the few times i've got to disagree with you. while i like most of his songs, i'm a firm believer he was a molester. too much evidence against him, but like OJ, too much money, got him off. i cannot stand by and honor him. i will always think of the kids.
    gary

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I , too fondly remember in 1984 getting the Thriller outfit and my wanting to sleep in it as well as wear it to school the following day. I even had the glove! A lot of his albums I have and there are some I still need to get. It makes us think , like you said , about how fleeting life is and how at and moment our clock could be punched. I will always remain an MJ fan , and if I had it now , I'd still wear the outfit and glove!!:cool2:

Peace Out !!!

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey Gary thats ok. Its cool to have that opinion. We are still boys and cool. Buddies dont always have to agree thats whats great about life itself. Holla at you soon.

B

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele

6. mintaka

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    And also let us not forget the Pepsi commercial.

7. mintaka

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    In Living Color uesd to give him hell , tho. Just for the hell of it , I may get my curl back.:cool2:

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Lmao my friend had a jeri curl that stained his leather jacket so bad:smile2: There was so much jell on his curl and jacket if it caught on fire they'd have to call 4 county's to put him out:eek:oooh:

9. mintaka

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Speaking of which , this brings to mind when I was in junior high in 7th grade and had a curl. Those fools would be in the locker room standing on the far side throwing matches in the hopes of a conflagration!! Back then , that was the upper echelon of being bad , as opposed to now where instead of matches , they would likely walk up to you and attempt to light it ablaze. It's like the older you get , the faster time seems to fly.

10. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    with all respect to your opinions i will not miss mjhis music was one thing ,his person was another and i bekieve he "mistreated" children and took advantage of his celeb status,i will not miss him a bit

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    True True those where the day's ,Back then you only meesed around at school so much...or a call was made home and dad was going to whip your a$$after mom beat you and said YOU WAIT TILL DAD GET'S HOME lmao

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    That was (in my opinion) some "Real Talk" about one of the greatest R & B entertainers, ("music entertainers period for that matter"), of all time B. Some people can say what they will (negative things) about that man - but you just stop a think about all of the music entertainers in the music world today that still "Try To Be Like Mike".
    :0a14:
    There are so many people out there today that still say that M.J. was the one person that they look up to & was the person that influence them to get into the music business in the first place - less face it people:
    "There with never be another music entertainer like Mike - & I mean Never"

"R.I.P. Mike"

:sad2:

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Lol. Man yaw bringing back memories. Everybody use to make those mj sound too. HEE HEE HEE. Man thats universal. I was in a few stores today and everybody is talking about it including the soul stations in town. My son is even intriqued.

Speaking of curls i use to have a few stains too. You should have seen the pillow cases. The activator was in my pocket. Lol. Plus I had to put off a spray or too every few hrs. Lol. My older sister had a curl too. I think thats the reason why i can not grow hair now i jacked up my scalp with that stuff and rollers twisting my hair up. Lol.

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I've read ever post on the BOC about his death and you WILL not see me type anything bad about someone's death!!!!!!!! That aint me am not to judge anyone ..never have been never will be !!!!

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I for one stayed away from that because he was never convicted. I am just a fan of his music and infuence in my childhood thats all. No one was bigger during my time and with the longetivity he had. Yes I know there will be varying opinions. I even got some molestor texts about his death today too the same mocking texts that we gat all the time making jokes. But still i am just looking at the influence. The other allegations would just move into another arena that I seen already and stayed away from.

I was talking with someone about The Wiz earlier and the jackson 5 cartoon when I was a child. Those things was fundamental to African American kids back then. LoL.

16. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    who nows he may have been guilty?? but you gotta understand someone like him is always a target and i honestly believe that about 90 percent of the things you see that involve someone with alot of money is a setup!! people dont care and will use their children and get them to say things for little piece of the pie! granted he was a lil freaky in the last 20 years or so but i like to remember him for how he was in the days of "thriller" !! if he did these things he will have to aswer for it and i dont feel like anyone should be "celebrating" his death and noone has the right to judge him because of what they see on tv- tv reports will always deliver the news in the worst possible way! just a few thoughts sorry to ramble

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Bert I feel you an that one. It just sent a shock wave down the community it is the topic of all conversation around here. R and B artists today owe omage to MJ like the Ushers and the Chris Browns and the Neyos. But no one will come close to what MJ was in music and entertainment to globally infuence people like he did. I remember when James Brown died and MJ was there saying how James influenced him so much as far as dancing and singing. There are just monumental people that are few and far in between like those guys are that just are transiters. Plain amd simple. R.I.P I agree.

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I rember him being the first Black artist on MTV ...Back then MTV was all rock ...He was a instant hit on MTV ...I was alway's a rocker still am ...But he swept MtV everybody's was talking about him for week's on end. And it never stopped.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Like I said B - There will NEVER be another one - Period!" :sad2:

20. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    You never know when your time will come, so spread your smile around and tell the people closest to you that you love them. Plain & simple. Sometimes it takes shocking events to make us realize that we far too often take so many things for granted.

Leaving his personal life out of the equation, Michael Jackson had a huge influence on the music industry.

And lets not forget Farrah Fawcet. As a kid, her poster on my wall had a huge influence not only on me, but on millions of hormone driven youngsters. God rest her soul . . .