Losin' never felt this.... Good?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by renji2476, Jun 10, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    First off I wish I had carried my camera so that I could have taken pictures, I almost put this in the braggin' rights section. Anyhow heres what happened... I took my 5 year old son, Jonathan, fishing the night before and we weren't catchin' anything but a headache, so he was a little let down by that so when I asked him if he wanted to go fishing the following night I thought that he would have said no. His little face lit up and he ran off saying that he was getting his pole. So there we are fishing not catching anything when I notice that there are some shad that keep breakin the water. I tell my boy let me see if I can do a little trick. I throw my cast net out and catch all these shad (around 3-5 inches long) and say now watch this. I had his pole rigged with a small bobber and one of mine the same way so I put a shad on our hooks and cast the lines out to where the shad had been poppin'. By the time that I threw my line in Jonathan was having trouble reeling in his line. When he finally gets his line in he has this huge smile on his face holding up this 9 1/2 inch striper! We ended up in the middle of a feeding frenzy and catching a total of 13 fish all just a tad bit too small but fun to catch!!! Out of all those fish I caught a total of 2 fish while my boy had a blast!! That all happened at around 8:30 maybe 9 at night he stayed up till around 11 talking about how he skunked Dad at fishin'. Boy I tell you guys losing never felt this good!!! Thanks for letting me share this with you guys hope that you all are blessed with these kind experiences and then some... Tight lines to you all!!

Jesse

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Reps to you Jesse. You have to admire a man that makes time for his family.:big_smile:

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    That's a great story Jesse and a good experience for that boy. I bet he can't wait to go again now. He'll love ya forever for those good times.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I look forward to those days when my daughters old enough..shes 13 mnths.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Great story, now when he get's to be 24 or so and still thinks he can skunk Dad fishing, ya just gonna have to show him how it's done. Mine needs a reminding now and then.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    ALLRITE! A day I'm sure he'll talk about with his kids. Thanx for sharein.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jesse congrats to you and the boy. He will never forget these trips. He will tell his friends how daddy takes him fishing and what big fish he catches.

8. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    LOL!! Thats what I told my wife!!! Thanks for letting me share guys!!:wink::big_smile::wink: