Lose weight now....here is one of my reasons I am glad!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Oct 9, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, yesterday I spent a few hours with dad on the roof. He has been trying to get a new roof on all summer and it seems like rain is always in the way. The last 4 days have been beautiful so we got to get a nice chunk done the last couple of days.

I am happy to say that I helped. I can honestly say that 6 months ago there is no way I would of went and helped him more then an hour or so. I was so dang lazy that I would of found a way to get out of it.

Dad is over 50 and has many aches and pains from years of motercycle wrecks and his job. In the last 2 years he has had rotator cuff surgery, acl and mcl work on his knees. Broke his hand and other bones. The guy is a trooper though and has never shyed away from work.

Today I was there from a little after 10 until about 7:30 on the roof with him. He took the day off work to try and get what was tore off covered before the rain came tomorrow. It was great just to spend time with him and talk. He works his tail off and refuses to ask for help from anyone. He is up there all day long and of course we worry about him. I am just glad that I got off my lazy azz and realized there are more important things in life then TV or the computer.

Losing the weight has helped me so much in life with my family. I want to be alot more active and today was just awesome. I am sore, with blisters on both hands, back hurts, knees hurt, but I can honestly say I smiled from ear to ear all day just being able to do the work and not feel so exausted. I would do it again tomorrow knowing how sore I would be.

This is motivation for me to keep the weight off and for anyone else that needs to fight the battle. Life is short people and there is so much out there. Yeah, laying around is easy to do, but you are missing out on so much in life.

Please, take the weight loss fight and lose it today. Do it why you can because you never know what you will miss out on.

To hear my dad tell me thanks for all the help, brought tears to my eyes folks, the guy does not show emotion. I will sleep good tonight with a smile on my face.

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I have yet to meet ya and shake your hand, but Im proud of ya Tea! Keep up the good work!

Kenny

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I totally agree. I'm dang proud of you too Matt!

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    good for you Tea, thats great.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    amazing how being fit can change your attitude for the better , its not only healthy for the body but for the spirit aswell ,

we are all proud of you tea keep up the hard work and it will get easier

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Amen, brother! Couldn't say it better myself.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like ya had a good workout, sometimes it feels good to work your butt off.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Man, I'm proud of ya Matt!!!

Now, come down here and loose about 150 lbs for me, would ya?

9. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, wore out, time for bed early tonight. LMAO

Thanks everyone for the replies.

10. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks for sharing buddy...

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glad to hear you're getting out and enjoying doing things that otherwise you wouldn't have been able to do. It proves your whole family is benefitting from your accomplishment. Congrats again!!!

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Matt thanks for helping your dad. I understand him because I do think him and I are cut from some of the same cloth. He thanked you because you finally did what he wanted you to do and that wasn't helping put the roof on it was taking control of your life and health.

I give you a pat on the back and next time you see your father just give him a big ole bear hug you might discover we aren't has hard as we pretend to be.:lol:

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Tea, ya done a good thing brother.:smile2:

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Really proud of you TEA. I know your dad is also, It sounds like he is a lot like me,won't ask for help ,but deep down inside all us older folks really appericate it when we do get it,just won't ask. Too much pride i guess. I can relate to the being sore,you used parts of the body thats not use to being used. Been there ,done that. It only hurts for a couple days:roll_eyes: Now you can really get out and enjoy life.Just keep it up and you'll be back in shape before you know it. GOD BLESS and Hang In There.

Proud Of You Man!!

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Wow, talk about sore this morning. I think I discovered some body parts can get sore that I did not know about. LMAO Blisters on every finger and thumb on my right hand from swinging the hammer. My left index finger has a big chunk out of it from where I missed the nail. ouch!!

But, alive and kicken and had a great nights sleep.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies.

16. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    That is awsome hoss. Today is the day I kick mine off. I tried a few weeks ago but today is going to be the day I start and stick to it!

17. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Great that you were able to help your Dad like that. Thats just a really good thing. I am sure that he was very thankful for your efforts. That deserves not only a good pat on the back but a real big hug!

Way to go Matt!!!:smile2:

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tea, that is great. I'm very proud of you.

Getting access weight off is the best thing a person can do for them self and their love ones.

And it was a pleasure to meet you at the National.

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tea! Bless your heart! I'm very proud of you,to help your dad like that was absolutely wonderful.:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

20. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    On top of everything else, it sounds like your Dad raised a damn fine son.'
    God bless you both.
    (And just so you know - that's not a phrase I use often.)