Loretta Lynn Concert

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, May 28, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    We went down to Hurricane Mills last night to a Loretta Lynn concert at her ranch. It was under a pavillion with a covered roof and open sides. The reserved seats up front were folding chairs and they had bleachers behind them for $29.00 a ticket. We took the bleachers where we would have more elbow room and was still within about 100 feet of the stage.

Loretta, and her daughters and son performed, and there was a couple of kids who won a talent contest that sang. Loretta had to do her stuff sitting down most of the time. She took requests and had some trouble remembering the words to some of the songs. Her legs and memory might not be what it used to be, but her voice is as good as ever.

Her son, Ernest Ray, had been celebrating his birthday and seemed to have drunk a little too much and she had to get on him a couple of times and make him shut up. He played in the band, and sung a few songs and did pretty good though.

I've never been one to care much for concerts or other events where there were a lot of people, but we really had a good time last night and I'm planning on going back next month when Tanya Tucker is there. The best part is that it's only about 30 miles down the road from here.

2. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Sounds like it was a good concert.I just bought her 3 CD boxed set 'Honky Tonk Angel' not long ago.In fact when I was playing country music,my wife & I used to sing the Loretta/Conway duet 'After The Fire Is Gone'.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Mark,
    Sounds like a wonderful time! I hate large crowds at shows. I hate it for the artist but personally I love it. I was thinking tonight that I want to have a private party concert. By invitation only and have it at Mom's. She would enjoy the company and I think I can make it clear that everyone has to clean up their mess and leave the land as it was when they arrived. She will be 87 next month and I truly think it would do her soul good to be around people that appreciate older people. What do you think?

I used to have Loretta's autograph.............heck it may still be somewhere at Mom's. Bet you better be prepared for a lot more people at the Tanya concert.
    Have fun and take care!

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That sounds interesting. We've thought about going sometime. The last time we were in the area it was closed. We been to Loretta's show at Branson, we love her. Also would like to be there when Tanya Tucker is having the show.

Anybody watch Tanya's Tuckerville? We like it.

5. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I got to see Kitty Wells about fifteen years ago, I wish I could see Loretta!

6. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Lord my wife will get into ones of those moods and start singing Coal Miner's Daughter while working aroud the house...still ain't figured if it's a sign for me to get up and help:confused2:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Grumpy I envy ya. Glad to hear you got out to go watch one of the all time greats.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Loretta Lynn is one of my favorite singers as been for as long as i can remember. She grow up about 30 to 35 minutes from where i live place called paintsville Kentucky. I always wanted to marry her :big_smile: